Cats and baths, my baths!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lj_cox

When Jacquelline was young, she used to run into the bathroom, leap into the (empty) tub, slide around and leap out again. It was a great game! I thought "this is fraught," and sure enough, one day I was standing in the tub drying off, with the water maybe 6-8 inches deep, and in she races. I had just enough time to say "Don't!" when she did. Leapt into the tub, front legs go in, splash! And, I swear, she instantaneously levitated back up and out of the tub, doing a 180 in midair. When I caught up to her to dry her off (it took a while because I was laughing so hard) her front legs were soaked. Her hind legs were absolutely dry. Proof that cats can teleport, given enough incentive!

No one else has come as close to getting a soaking, though several of our cats will come check us out in the tub, standing on the rim and peering at us. "Do you know that's water? What are you doing!?" they seem to say as they watch us anxiously.

Linda C.
this was hysterical - i can picture it in my mind!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

avalon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lj_cox

No one else has come as close to getting a soaking, though several of our cats will come check us out in the tub, standing on the rim and peering at us. "Do you know that's water? What are you doing!?" they seem to say as they watch us anxiously.

Linda C.
Mine do that too. It's so funny. And they stick their paws in to see if it's wet, then shake them disgustedly when they realize it's water

lizch6699

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats have an obsession with water. They know that after going to the bathroom (flushing the toilet) that I must then wash my hands. So as soon as they hear that toilet flush they go running for the sink. I think they're trying to figure out just exactly where that water goes lol. Then when I shower they get inbetween the shower curtain and the plastic curtain and wait for the water to splash out on the sides. Otis has jumped in a few times and since my tub doesn't drain very well he will just wade around in 3-4 inches of water! When I first got them as babies from the humane society I gave them baths pretty often because they stunk from the shelter. So I think they may have gotten used to it from that