Cats acting slightly strange

nikkiistew

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat age three is acting very different today, he keeps coming up and sitting on my purring, usually I need to go to him for attention and he doesn't like it for very long. Today he just wants to sit and cuddle all day. Is he okay?? [emoji]128576[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you tell us more about his general health?  Is he spayed?  Has anything else changed?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nikkiistew nikkiistew How's your boy doing today? Sudden behaviour changes like this can often indicate a health issue. Particularly if he's no back to his normal self, I'd strongly suggest that you get him checked by a vet. It could be nothing, but it's always better to err on the side of caution, imo.

onirin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I'm a little worried about my own cat.  She was never a lap cat but lately she been jumping up into our laps and headbutting a lot.  Everything else about her is normal.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread to see if my situation is the same.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try not to worry too much. It's jut that suddenly getting more cuddly can be one way a cat can tell you they're not feeling so good.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it colder in your house?  I know my cats are more likely to sleep in my bed when it gets colder. 

Fluffy is my long haired cat.  All summer she was so hot she went from cool place to cool place to sleep.  Now that it is cooler in the house all she wants to do is play.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkiistew

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes it has been really cold here recently never thought of that he seems to be back to his normal self anyway