Cats Act Strange After Hearing Certain Sounds

Cmoffett97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cats were rescued from a park close to where I live by my brother who heard them being attack by birds. They were tested and have no diseases or anything physical that seems to be wrong but whenever they hear certain noises such as when I laugh loudly or when I sneeze or hear sounds of animals on my phone they go crazy meowing at me and will not leave me alone. They are never usually comfortable with being close to people but they will literally lay on top of me for half an hour afterwards.

I've searched online for quite a while but can't seem to find any cats behaving like this so I was curious if anyone had any clues as to why they do this.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is your cat feral? Feral cats who get homed tend to be a little strange. (I have two feral rescue kitties)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cmoffett97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess they're technically feral. I found them when they were about 2 weeks old and now they're almost 2 years old.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would say they are especially (and marvelously) concerned about you, which I think is pretty cool. It's as though they want to make sure you're ok, and don't know any different between the wide variety of sounds they're hearing.