Catproofing a tv

emilesc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello -

I've a really old tv that works perfectly fine, but I'd like to save space, and I'm thinking of getting a flatscreen. But I've been putting Video Catnip on the DVD player for my kitten, and I'm afraid what she would do to a flatscreen when she gets worked up  and jumps up and paws at the screen. I know I can bolt down the screen, so I'm not worried about that. But I was wondering if anyone's tried protecting their screens with a shield like this one and has any comments?

Thanks,

Emile

orangetux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tiki is very attached to TV cause it's always on, even when I leave. He doesn't scratch it but did jump on the back of it once and it went right over. Luckily no harm done but I don't know how to bolt it down, like you said. Good luck. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilesc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! If I get one, I'll definitely need to talk to a handyman about bolting it down, especially as I live in earthquake country.

Emile

Last edited:

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget to get cord protectors for the cords. I had a cord chomping kitten not so many years ago, luckily Aya seems to have outgrown this behavior.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilesc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Don't forget to get cord protectors for the cords. I had a cord chomping kitten not so many years ago, luckily Aya seems to have outgrown this behavior.  
Yes, I saw a couple of suggestions in another thread that I've bookmarked. I've been lucky, though. After the first week. the kitten got bored with cord chewing.

Emile

Last edited: