Catnip, good or bad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow, great! I thought catnip is a rare weed.

I want to grow some too...

Oh! Does catnip has effect on human?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can make a tea out of catnip for human consumption it is said to relieve stress and have calming affects.

Cat nip is a mint, and will cross breed with other mint. I periodically have to pull out all plants and restart them, as there is wild mint growing around here, and the cat nip loses it's potency from cross breeding.

I do wear gloves when I am working with my harvested and dried cat nip because after a couple of hours of having my hands in it I start to feel a little light headed.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I just had Fatman and Hercules only Fatman was interested in catnip. I used a spray and just a bag of dried nip and he would go bonkers. Hercules didnt care about it till we got GiGi and she showed him the wild side of being nipped out! Now all three love it!!!!

*I almost got in trouble from having a store bought baggie of catnip because probation thought it was a bag of pot!! Thank heavens I saved the box and had the toy that it came with so I could show him ummm yeah not mine its the cats I swear!! Thankfully the probation officer knows how bonkers I am about my cats Id go to jail for them in a heartbeat* But it still wasnt mine LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow I wish Charlie would experience it too! From the day he was born, his only toy or playmate is my dog!

uuhmm..Does catnip has effects on dogs?

lovemahkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my three all love it. i grow it too, and store the dried leaves in a big jar, in which i also store a few of their fuzzy balls. when i don't have time for the cleanup of a full-blown loose catnip party (ha), i just give them the strongly catnip infused balls to play with. same effect.

i find one of the funniest parts of the whole catnip experience to be the after effects. the catnip hangover. it's all lively, wild and chaotic one minute, then the next there's 3 lifeless little bodies laying there, all covered with catnip, and sleeping.

jasonsol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive always have liked to give my pets treats for there good behavior but when i gave catnip to my cat Leo i was amazed. You definetly see a change in your cats behavior after giving them catnip and from what i hear there are no negetive side effects. enjoy!

-Jasonsol