catman

cliftonv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was hoping that the kitty's would have a chance at adoption , guess not and that hit's me hard .
I had moved in this mobile home park some 8 years ago and the first thing i noticed is that the stray cats 
seemed to be a problem . My next door neighbor was an 90 year old lady "Ruth" who had been in this park since 79 .
i would see 15 to 20 cats run up to her at around 6 every night for food . Ruth had no children and her husband 
died in the 70's and her only family was up north . I would watch out for Ruth as alot of us did here . I got 
married 5 years ago and my wife wanted a pet . I took 2 of "Ruths" cats for my own . i Had them Spayed and tagged . 
I had made a deal with Ruth that when i could afford it i would take one or 2 cats at a time and have them fixed 
and tagged . I believe before Ruth left us i had taken care of around 10 cats , all female to stop the population 
The park manager was fine with what i was doing to help control the cats . Ruth has been gone 2 years now and her 
cats come to my place now and a few other houses . The park has a new manager who dosen't care for cats and wants
them gone . I try to explain to them that the majority of these cats are left behind when someone moves out so they 
are not wild bad cats . The park manager has been calling animal services on me for awhile now and they just left me 
tickets on my door .I am not a wealthy man and these tickets hit hard . I've been finding some of these cats homes 
and the population of new kittens has just about stopped . If anyone reading this wants or knows anyone or a shelter 
that would accept some cats or even 1 you can PM me. I understand everyone has a job to do so i am 
not upset at animal control , i just don't want to take them to animal services where they have no chance - Pictures
available if interested ,
Thank You ,
Clifton

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry this is happening.  What a shame. 

So I guess you've called around to all the shelters in your area that you're aware of already?  It might be helpful if you could tell us where (approximately) you live.  This is an international site, so you could be located anywhere in the world.  We need to narrow it down a little bit.  I'm thinking you're in the U.S., so a state, even a city, or closest city would be helpful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cliftonv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes i am in palm harbor florida which is northern pinellas county and unfortunately all shelters here are full so if i take them to animal services it would be a death sentence for them but things are looking better i got homes for 2 and i will keep searching , we have new neighbors now and i guess they don't like the strays or whatever and called animal control ,the cats are too smart for traps so they wrote me 3 tickets which i paid today 400 dollars . i can't afford to fight it so i waiver them today .i will keep looking , Catman

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know if this is helpful or not:  http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Florida/

Maybe you should remind your new neighbors that these cats are probably helping to keep the mouse population (or whatever pests you have down Florida way
) down.  then maybe they wouldn't be so hard on them.

At least you were able to find a place for two. 
  It's a start.  Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.

smulan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I don't know if this is helpful or not:  http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Florida/

Maybe you should remind your new neighbors that these cats are probably helping to keep the mouse population (or whatever pests you have down Florida way
) down.  then maybe they wouldn't be so hard on them.

At least you were able to find a place for two. 
  It's a start.  Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.
My experience is that telling your neighbors that cats help keeping mouse population never helps :( But I guess it depends on how much of a mouse problem there is in the area.