Catless in Manchester

shred

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys

I`m not much good at introductions and this is the first cat site I`ve joined.  We sadly lost our cat through ill health last year and we`ve been looking for  a similar cat to replace him.  His name was Merlin and he was apparently an American short haired Bombay, but we are having difficulty finding anyone who breeds them in this country, any help would be much appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shred

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Many thanks for a quick response, yes will do, cheers

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I second checking the Breeder's section.  Someone there might be able to point you in the right direction.  But also please consider adopting from a shelter.  There are so many fantastic cats there that need homes.  You might find one that has those personality traits you miss from Merlin.  Was he named after the Merlin in The Sword and the Stone?  I know how hard it is to loose one you love; esp if you have that special kind of connection with them.  I still miss my Glory and she's been gone for 11 years and 1 month.  One of the hardest things I've ever been through. 
  If you'd like you could also post a tribute to him in our Crossing the Bridge section.

shred

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Many thanks for your reply, I`ve just put a post up in that section, but yes we have been trying some of the shelters, but not found a cat we gell with yet.  Merlin was a bit unusual, did his own thing, he was 8KG before he passed over, but not fat, just a big cat.  He use to take most of the sofa up and would growl at me if I tried to move him to sit down, (the girl friend would also growl at me). 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL!  I think sometimes it just takes time before you find "the one."  Sometimes they find us too.  I hope you find a kitty that fits your family soon.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!

I agree with the others as I think we have all at some time lost cats in our lives.  Keep looking as you will know when you find the right one for you.

shred

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much everyone