Catification Of A Duplex

Johnriii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my two six month olds are obviously very active. I rent a duplex with very high ceilings, especially the areas going down the two sets of stairs to the garage. I certain points, I'm sure the ceiling is 20-25 feet from the floor. I happened to be on facebook, and saw a video of this very cool setup with all kinds of climbing options and platforms for cats to get up as high as you want them to go, with hammocks and beds where they could "survey" their kingdom from a very high vantage point. of course, I worry about falls and such, but I need to give my girls a bit more credit for being cats! I've done a bit of research and find that most of these "kits" can be quite expensive, I'm talking $150 for just three pieces of carpeted shelving. the simple solution is to build them myself, but I already work 64 hours a week, I just simply don't have the time. my question is twofold: does anyone have anything like this for their cats, and if so, did you buy it piece by piece, or did you spend a large lump sum of money all at once?

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm not a builder at all but I was eyeing this because I do have an unused space. I'm not sure if that would help you though

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you're going to hear affirmatives to both questions, and then, there's always @1CatOverTheLine :smash:
In all seriousness, if you could find someone to build even just parts of it for you, even if the expense is similar (seems like it ought to be less) the chemical/glue odors and residue should be less especially if you mentioned for the carpenter to find low VOC material etc etc. Whatever you do, sounds like you're going to have some HAPPY cats :jump: :woohoo: