Catachondriac?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I worry about our animals as much as I worried about our kids growing up. However, DH is the one who jumps to assumptions more than me. If Carleton hasn't eaten enough, if he has a hairball, if his poop was completely solid, etc., etc. Even though I worry I always take a wait and see approach. If I'm not sure whether he needs a vet exam I will call to ask their opinion. That way it saves both Carleton and me a trip. I think my biggest problem about being a Catachondriac is that I research too much. 😉

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neely, I think that is a wonderful attitude. I react too often, my cats are a part of my family. In my neighbourhood we have owls and I know when they are around as animals seem scarce. I find remains of cats in my yard. My cats are of course indoor for safety, but I still feel bad for the lost lives cut short. I guess that gives me more anxiety for my cats to make sure they are well. Research is the key, but learning from valuable people like yourself is invaluable to me. I think we are all a bit of a Catachondriac. Maybe one day there will be enough Vets for all pets and everyday Vet services will be subsidized and free for basic care. But that day isn't coming anytime soon so we must remain vigilant. Thankyou for being a Catachondriac and caring for your animals.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Mani and I am a catachondriac. :biggrin:
At least sometimes.
My girl, Nilah, is skinny; always has been and always will be. But every now and again I go into a spasm of 'she's too skinny!' and take her to the vet. This time the head vet came in, sat me down and said very calmly as though talking to a crazy person 'Nilah is a skinny cat. She's also 13 years old and losing some muscle mass. But we've done every test there is and there is nothing wrong with her. Perhaps, too you keep comparing her to Sundar?" (Sundar's nickname is Big Boofy Boy).
I left, suitably placated. Until next time.
my Nikki never weighed more than 5 pounds darling angel