Cat

children11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got a cat when he was aout 6 months old. Within the last 2 months we got 2 more kittens (probably about 12 weeks old). They are all males and all are neutered. My older car has been trying to hump the kittens. One time I actually saw his "little red" come out. Why would a male neutered cat hump another male neutered cat? Should I let him do it? Or stop him?

Any Suggestions?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's normal. If the other cats don't like it, they'll tell him off. If you think he's bullying them because they aren't big enough to tell him off, you can make him stop. But otherwise just let them sort it out.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is normal.  A lot of people feel that this is a dominance display.  He is establishing himself and top cat and letting the others know their place.  The others are being submissive so they accept his dominance.  Just ignore it.  If it's an issue, they will work it out for themselves.  This is something that does not need your interference... I know it's kind of creepy.  And yes neutered males still "go through the motions" they just can't father kittens is all.