Cat Won't Stop Peeing On Husbands Clothes

_anicollee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My husband and I recently rescued a stray kitten. He is 10 months old and neutered. However, he continues to pee on my husbands belongings-usually his work clothes that he leaves on the floor. I had him tested for a UTI and he didn't have one, and I also have fed him grain free food since we got him to help prevent UTIs. Does anyone have suggestions for how to keep him from peeing on anything that belongs to my husband? We keep his litter box clean and we use Fresh Step so I don't think his litter box is an issue.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What happens if there are no clothes or other belongings of your hubs on the floor? What does the cat do?
Can you set up a second box with a different litter and see what happens?
There are people here with experience of cats peeing where they shouldn't, hopefully some of them will weigh in.
Hang in there, you've come to the best place to help you and your kitty ;)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

_anicollee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's resorted to our bed if there's nothing on the floor. He will deliberately knock our hamper over and pee on the clothes that come out. I can try the litter box thing! He's only been doing this for a month now, so I'm not sure if it's maybe a dominance thing now that he's older or what. Thanks for your suggestion!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

_anicollee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise