Cat Won't Shut Up about Going Outside

icana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have an 8 month old cat I adopted when she was 3 months old. She has always been loud. Now it's spring, and I've harness trained her and taken her out a few times. I carry her from a room in the house and place her outside, and carry her back in when I am done so we do not get her used to walking through the door. Recently, she has been trying to escape & won't stop meowing about wanting to go outside all the time. Should I stop allowing her to go out? She's annoying everyone and really won't shut up at all, she climbs up the screen doors and is too loud. 

She needs to be an indoor cat and we thought harness training would allow her to go outside sometimes for a treat, but we didn't want to become forced to take her out twice a day, she's not a dog afterall...

help!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Taking the cat outside on leash should be on a regular basis, not as a "treat". :-) 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has your kitty been spayed? If not that will almost always lead to wanting to go out. Once they go out ,they will want to go out. I trained my cats on a leash, but they are all fixed, and are not so tempted to cry all the time. I try to take them out whenever I can.