Cat Won't Let My Husband Sleep!

idahomtns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat Nita, insists on attention in the middle of the night! He doesn't bother me, he only pesters my husband. My dear husband gets up & makes sure the cat has food etc...of course he does! If we shut the door, Nita won't have any of that - he sits outside the door & meows! My husband has a sleep disorder & has trouble getting enough sleep as it is without Nita's help. It seems that Nita thinks that if he's awake, my husband should be too! Does anyone have any suggestions?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Play heavily with cat before you go to bed to wear him out. Otherwise I heard of getting a small dog crate and put cat (after a period of introduction) in crate in your bedroom at night when you sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

idahomtns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We'll have to give the play time a try - I thought the dog chasing him would wear him out (our German Shepard is infatuated with him!). But come to think of it, they all sleep before we go to bed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed my cats a can of moist food before I go to bed and after playing with them...the combination of food/play seems to do the trick and they sleep through the night.

Katie