Cat won't eat :( really worried! PLEASE HELP!!

lovemesomeenzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have a 6 month old kitten/cat which i rescued when he was around 6 weeks old. he is up to date with his vaccines. he is a very playful kitty and always wants to play when hes up, he even plays with his food at times! and he sleeps a lot maybe say 18hrs a day. he used to eat a lot and wanted food after every other hour when he was young but now his appetite has reduced a little. last week we went to outside and left him home alone. gave him food and he ate it all when we were about to leave, this was about 6-7pm. when we came back home a little after 12am Enzo was very hungry. we gave him food and he ate it but then vomited soon after. at that time i thought it was because he gobbled it up too fast. after vomiting he started eating his remaining food in the bowl and then vomited again! and this time he vomited white foam stuff and also the food. got me really worried and i took away his food thinking hes having issues in keeping it down. then the next morning i called the vet and told him what happened. he told me to offer him a spoonful of food and if he keeps it down offer him some more again and if he keeps that down too start increasing the quantity and if he doesn't throw up he is perfectly fine. and this is exactly what happened.

but since yesterday he's kinda not liking his food. we have always given him boiled chicken in soup and he had loved it. and would give him some raw chicken necks every now and then and he'd love chewing it. but since yesterday he'd just go near his bowl and sniff and walk away. hes normal otherwise. i forced fed him two or three chunks and then he ate some of it on his own but not as much as he usually does.

and now day he wouldn't eat at all. i tried to force feed him but he just spits the chicken. i dont know if its the chicken or what but he doesnt want to eat it. i gave him some boiled beef chunks and he ate them without me forcing him too but that too in a very little quantity. not as much as he'd usually eat. i am so worried right now and dont know what to do. is he sick? or should i change his food and switch to some canned commercial food? he's normal otherwise very playful still and is using his litter box all okay. he has been dewormed before. the vet wont be open until morning and i cant stop worrying. btw, hes an indoor cat now. he used to live outside until i rescued him and he has been an indoor cat ever since.  can anyone please help me in understanding what is going on around with him? he's drinking water fine like he always does but not just liking his food. he was so hungry today kept meowing and when i offered him chicken he just walked away. and that was when i gave him the beef. he usually has a very good appetite.

p.s. don't mind my poor English. English is my second language! i hope whatever i wrote is comprehend-able.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He needs to be checked by a vet.  I see where you are feeding him meat which is good but are you adding anything to it so he gets all the vitamins and minerals that he needs?  He does need to eat to avoid liver problems.  You may need to feed him canned cat food with a syringe if he quits eating completely

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemesomeenzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Denice- Yes i will take him to a vet tomorrow. but even if i call the first thing in the morning i wont be getting an appointment earlier then tomorrow evening :( i haven't been adding any supplements or minerals to his food if that is what you meant :/ we give him raw meaty necks almost every day once and he likes them a lot, wouldn't they fulfill his needs? he looks healthy and has a very nice coat. he ate a few more chunks of the beef an hour back. if he stops eating i'll feed him with a syringe. should i offer him some milk?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't give him cow's milk, most cats have at least some degree of lactose intolerance.  You do still need to balance out the raw meat with some vitamins, minerals, and organs.  There is a raw and homecooked subforum with the nutrition forum.  There are some stickies at the top of the forum as well as a lot of threads there that explain what needs to be added to raw meat to make it complete.

lovemesomeenzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Denice - i have always given him lactose free milk! never the cow milk. i am new to this forum will surely have a look at it thanks :) i was using google to understand whats going on with Enzo and came across this site and joined cause it seemed somewhat helpful :) i wasn't so worried about his behavior until i googled! they make everything look so bad
i am thinking of getting him some canned food in the morning

lovemesomeenzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
one more question i want to ask, my cat loves his raw meat more then the cooked on or the canned food. is it safe to give him raw meat?? i only give him a few chunks of raw meat everyday. chunks of chicken, mutton or beef.

lovemesomeenzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the meat i give him is human grade boneless meat and i wash it well. and as he has been a stray cat before i adopted him he has already been de-wormed. had to get him de-wormed as he as literally puking worms in his vomit. will the raw food give him parasites?