cat won t stop biting her arm....

eyemadreamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im worried about my lucy... recently we discovered our cats had fleas so we purchased medicine for it (frontlines). we gave it to them and tommy seems to not be 'itching' so much anymore. but lucy is still doing it and "all the time" so it seems. especially her front arms. she wont stop attacking it and biting it and sadly bald spot is growing on her arms from biting and licking, biting and licking, constantly. i dont know why. i am worried about her. anyone know anything about this??? even i tried looking at her arms.. im not seeing any fleas (its white--- should be easy to spot black fleas) so i dont know why shes "attacking" her arms so furiously.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! If you did indeed apply the Frontline correctly, then all I can figure is that her arms are already so badly bitten that they're still painful to her, and she may need some kind of soothing lotion from the vet. Give the vet a call -- maybe there's something over the counter that would be okay for her, even though she's bound to lick some of it off...

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
could be she has ticks which are different than fleas, and dig under the skin........could be she is biting bothersome scabs on her arm leftover from the flea bites....or maybe she has dry skin that is irritating her. You can get a treatment for that as well. Good luck!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eyemadreamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomimi

Oh my gawsh! Did you apply the frontline JUST in between the shoulderblades?
Yes, i did apply it just between the sholderblades.

nekomimi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Then I would agree it's probably dry skin or scabs. I'm sure the vet could give you something to help her.

eyemadreamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomimi

Then I would agree it's probably dry skin or scabs. I'm sure the vet could give you something to help her.
Thanks, I'll give the vet a call now.

eyemadreamer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was able to take her to the vet. apparently its nothing, just a lick sore and sometimes cat do that when they get bored. i wouldnt be suprised this applies to lucy because shes such a lazy cat. lol.