Cat with UTI symptoms, but no bacteria or crystals found?

Catmomm1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he is! His urine has been tested three times since surgery and everything has come back clean. He's also had a few x-rays to confirm and they see no signs of stones in his bladder.

We've got some behavior struggles in terms of him marking around our front door, but that's due to the mass amount of strays that convalesce on our welcome mat when they're not at our neighbor's eating the food she puts out. But we're working on it.

Thank you for asking!

That’s so good to hear!! My cat is also going through the same and everything is also coming back negative and now he’s starting to spray which is something he’s never done before since we got him fixed as soon as he was old enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bombshellbonny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s so good to hear!! My cat is also going through the same and everything is also coming back negative and now he’s starting to spray which is something he’s never done before since we got him fixed as soon as he was old enough.
With Butler, using a Feliway Calming collar, and a Feliway Calming defuser where he likes to mark has helped. I also use Nature's Miracle to clean the area really well, and I've bought some Angry Orange cleaner to spray the area to keep him from wanting to sniff the area too much (he doesn't like the smell of citrus). We use to leave our storm door open all the time so he could see out when the weather was good. But now that it's cold, we keep the door short so he can't see the cats outside. He doesn't seem to want to mark around there that much anymore. I also changed the doormat outside in case he was getting whiffs of the cats that were sleeping there.

I also added another litterbox next to his usual one and filled it with Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. Since doing this, he's picked up the habit of peeing in one box and pooping in the other. So I guess he likes to keep those two separate.

Hopefully some of these suggestions might help you out. Butler was neutered at the shelter at 8 weeks old, so I was surprised to find him spraying too.