Cat with smelly farts and swollen stomach

matharaarachchi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, My cat seemed to be sick with some indigestion sort of thing. Believe me, they are very smelly. Also, his stomach seems to be very bloated. His eyes' white membrane has appeared since the last week. He is eating and active as usual. But I am worried whether it is a serious illness. Should I change his diet (whiskers adult)? Can you recommend any home remedies?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A trip to the vet would be best to rule out any medical condition or something like worms. Changing the diet, home remedies, etc may or may not help, possibly make things worse, if the cause of the bloating and smelly litter box is caused by a medical condtion that requires treatment.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wouldn't try any home remedies. Without knowing the exact cause of concern you could easily make things worse or delay treatment to a degree that makes things worse. You can also end up spending more on the home treatments then you would for something simple at a vet.

Seeing a vet as soon as possible will be your best option.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Eyelid showing can go along with gastrointestinal issues and I agree that you need to call a vet and take the cat in.