Cat with kidney disease has low potassium level under 3.0 mEq/L

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am heartbroken at your loss, She was a beautiful cat and obviously loved dearly. I hope you find some comfort knowing that she knew she was loved and was special to you. RIP Sandi, you are loved and always will be 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words.  Sandra was buried in the Hinsdale Pet Cemetery in Willowbrook, IL.  She is close to where Thomas is buried.  It's a very pretty cemetery.  I honestly thought Sandi would pull through.  I thought once her infection was reversed she would be better.  She had been starting to eat better up until Saturday afternoon.  I thought her teeth were bothering her.  I saw some light bleeding by her gums and some tooth discoloration.  Sunday night and Monday morning she wouldn't eat.  I started syringe feeding her Monday.  When I came home from work yesterday, she was not in her usual spot on her favorite blanket.  I found her near one of the closets laying on her side.  I thought she was dead.  She was twitching, but raised her head when I was by her.  I bought her some tuna juice and she drank a little.  I quickly took her to the ER vet.  They told me her infection was very bad and she was dehydrated.  They gave her fluids and antibiotics to try to reverse the infection.  With all her health issues, she couldn't fight anymore.  I feel like I could have let her go sooner, and I will have to live with that.  I never wanted my little sweetheart to suffer.  

I cut her favorite blanket in half and wrapped her body with it and kept the other half for myself, just as I did with Thomas.  She looked so at peace and beautiful wrapped in it.  She was the first pet that we brought into our home and will always be in my heart.  I hope her and Thomas are running free and happy until we all meet again, God willing.  

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I am so stunned at this turn of events since I last read your thread a few days ago.  My heart is breaking right along with yours.  I am so very sorry that Sandra is now gone...gone but never forgotten.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Run free at the bridge, sweet, sweet
Sandra