Cat watery poop with bubbles in it

Tids13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi has anyone ever had a cat with colitis/ibd and there is bubbles in the poop?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just did a quick search, and bubbly poop is not uncommon in cats with IBD.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tids13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi thank you the vet said because with colitis there is alot of gas so this is why

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I suspected that gas was the culprit. Glad you got a definitive answer, and can relax about that, at least!

Tids13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes thank you so much, now he has cat flu😔

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF! Well, a pain, but not a really difficult fix. I'll light a candle...for BOTH of you!

00LitCandle.jpeg

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi thank you the vet said because with colitis there is alot of gas so this is why
Did you give the cat anything for gas? If so, what? Mine is having issues, so trying to find out. Thanks for any info.

Tids13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you give the cat anything for gas? If so, what? Mine is having issues, so trying to find out. Thanks for any info.
Hi, the gas cannot really be controlled it is apart of colitis but he is on royal canin gastro intestional wet/dry food his stools will never b firm but the his symptoms seem to stay under control as best it can , i can not give him treats/ human food to reduce having a bad flare up also try and feed the same time each day this also reduce flare ups, sorry this is not much help but try strict diet and feeding times

t c c

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, the gas cannot really be controlled it is apart of colitis but he is on royal canin gastro intestional wet/dry food his stools will never b firm but the his symptoms seem to stay under control as best it can , i can not give him treats/ human food to reduce having a bad flare up also try and feed the same time each day this also reduce flare ups, sorry this is not much help but try strict diet and feeding times
I got some help from some other groups. I bought the "Little Remedies" baby gas product last night and it really seems to help! (try to give according to the baby weight on the product. This product is 20 mg simethicone in the .3 ml dose for an infant up to 24 lbs, so I only give him .1 ml. You can give it up to 12 times per day. My cat didn't mind the liquid taste at all and it really seemed to help in minutes. I gave it every hour until I went to bed.)