Cat watching television

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know I am posting a lot tonight, but I got bored while watching Hollywood Game Night. Does anyone else's cat like to watch television? I first noticed that my kitten was doing this a couple of nights ago when I was watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Two guys were having a boxing match and my kitten was sitting on my bed, his eyes transfixed on the screen. His little head was moving back and forth, following the movements of the boxers. I thought this was really funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww! She's cute! She looks very engrossed in whatever that program is!

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fostered a pair of Siamese once. One of them liked to watch the computer monitor, especially if I moved the mouse around.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see mine watching the TV occasionally. I watch a lot of PBS,  and Sugar watched almost a whole episode of Nature. They were showing Snow Leopards. She finally jumped on the stand in front of the TV and was trying to sniff the Leopard.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rented the movie "We bought a Zoo" and this little cartoon came on before the movie started.  Daisy was sitting on her cat tree and for some reason she was fascinated with that cartoon.  That's the only time I've seen her watch TV.  Once I was watching a program about cats and my RB cat Redman was asleep on the sofa.  They were showing some type of wildcat and it was growling and carrying on.  Redman woke up, looked at the screen and said "Ummph".  Then he went back to sleep.  He was not much impressed with that wildcat.  

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are so cute!!  My 2 ignore the TV now.  But Noodles used to like watching Veggie Tales when they were kittens!  I have a picture; it's just not on this computer.  One of my friend's cats growing up liked to watch golf with her step-dad.  

meowgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hah. I do find it weird that cats like to watch the tv. I wonder why dogs don't like to do this.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hah. I do find it weird that cats like to watch the tv. I wonder why dogs don't like to do this.
Actually, dogs do watch television. I have seen everything from Pomeranians to Rottweilers watching TV  This was from observing them at friends' houses. I have no dogs of my own, so don't have all that much exposure to them.

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Peppy does, and she will watch for a good 20 minutes at a time. She especially likes kids cartoons. Non of my others have ever give the tv more than a passing glance.

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have seen Sophie watching TV for a few minutes some nights before we go to sleep.

Amelie tries to catch/wrestle the stuff she sees on TV. She gets really annoyed sometimes, she tries to jump those moving images.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that Angel tends to like it when the weather is on & they are showing the Doppler screen. I think it's the moving blobs of color he likes. I've also noticed if there is a taper going across the bottom of the screen, he pays attention. He doesn't watch t.v. often, but once & a while, I will catch him checking something out for a few minutes. The longest I have ever seen him actually watch something, was at Christmas time. I think it was one of the old Christmas shows like Santa Clause is coming to Town, or the land of misfit toys, etc.. I was amazed, because I remember he watched for a good 20 minutes or more, which was unusual for him! ......Oh yea, on Halloween, I also caught him watching "The great pumpkin Charlie Brown."

eclipse3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I apologize for posting on an older thread, but my little Eclipse was watching Jumanji with me and sat down intently viewing the lion before walking away, and I wondered if anybody else had animal fans with them.