Cat was seen by vet, supposed gastritis, had a cerenia injection earlier today, started drooling excessively just now.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She always was a really slow eater. It can take her half an hour to eat in the morning, so I'm not worrying, she eats her kibble one grain at a time while taking the time to chew each one individually.

But I couldn't be happier, we're on the right track!
Omg...I should not laugh out loud...but your description of how your Mimine eats...just put this funny visual into my head...of her eating one grain at a time...lol....and chewing each one individually. :spew::crackup: :lol:
(like maybe a person would do at a high end restaurant...or really, really, enjoying every bite...hahaha.) :biggrin:

(I have two black cats, both male and female, age 7 years, and the male cat eats fast, but my female cat will literally walk up to her wet food, and sniff, or give a lick, and if it's not the right temperature, or not the right consistency, or not the right flavour,...then she just 'backs up, and shakes her front paw, at times'. I'll be like, "wait a minute, yesterday this same flavour was good. It's the same food. Why is it not good enough, today?" :dunno::frustrated: :lol:

These cats of ours, know how to 'train their humans, well'...but that's why I do love them so much. :)
(my black retriever/lab mix dog will basically eat anything...except beef. Both the dog and the cats...do not like beef. I have no idea why.)

Just seeing our cats eat after an illness, is like the best feeling in the world. :cloud9:
So, yes, I totally agree, that seeing and hearing about this makes me happy, too. :blush:
But that eating 'one grain at a time' is totally hilarious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

floubert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg...I should not laugh out loud...but your description of how your Mimine eats...just put this funny visual into my head...of her eating one grain at a time...lol....and chewing each one individually. :spew::crackup: :lol:
(like maybe a person would do at a high end restaurant...or really, really, enjoying every bite...hahaha.) :biggrin:

(I have two black cats, both male and female, age 7 years, and the male cat eats fast, but my female cat will literally walk up to her wet food, and sniff, or give a lick, and if it's not the right temperature, or not the right consistency, or not the right flavour,...then she just 'backs up, and shakes her front paw, at times'. I'll be like, "wait a minute, yesterday this same flavour was good. It's the same food. Why is it not good enough, today?" :dunno::frustrated: :lol:

These cats of ours, know how to 'train their humans, well'...but that's why I do love them so much. :)
(my black retriever/lab mix dog will basically eat anything...except beef. Both the dog and the cats...do not like beef. I have no idea why.)

Just seeing our cats eat after an illness, is like the best feeling in the world. :cloud9:
So, yes, I totally agree, that seeing and hearing about this makes me happy, too. :blush:
But that eating 'one grain at a time' is totally hilarious.
Yes it's pretty funny to see!! My two cats seem to be behaving just like yours!:lol:

Thank you again for giving me advice through this, it's really appreciated!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's pretty funny to see!! My two cats seem to be behaving just like yours!:lol:

Thank you again for giving me advice through this, it's really appreciated!
No problem. You're very welcome. :)

I tend to learn a lot about 'cat related issues' on threads like yours...as well.
Like, "I'm still curious about how a cat's digestion works"...and how long 'transit times are'...but do you ever get to a point...when you are reading a lot...and then your brain cannot possibly take in any more information.
Then you naturally have to do things like the laundry, dishes, exercise, watch a show,...just so that your 'thinking brain takes a break' from the things you are learning about. Lol.

That's pretty much how much reading I can do.
I sometimes wish that 'cat health' and 'cat behaviour' were on audiobooks...but then I probably would be listening to them, and falling asleep...so maybe the 'cat health on audiobook' idea...is not such a good one. :idea: :musicnote::dazzler::read:

I will still be Hoping, Thinking and praying...that your Mimine continues to improve. :bigeyes: :clover:
Oh, I forgot to ask, what does your cats name Mimine...actually mean in english?
Does it have some special meaning,...and why did you choose it for your cat?

floubert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No problem. You're very welcome. :)

I tend to learn a lot about 'cat related issues' on threads like yours...as well.
Like, "I'm still curious about how a cat's digestion works"...and how long 'transit times are'...but do you ever get to a point...when you are reading a lot...and then your brain cannot possibly take in any more information.
Then you naturally have to do things like the laundry, dishes, exercise, watch a show,...just so that your 'thinking brain takes a break' from the things you are learning about. Lol.

That's pretty much how much reading I can do.
I sometimes wish that 'cat health' and 'cat behaviour' were on audiobooks...but then I probably would be listening to them, and falling asleep...so maybe the 'cat health on audiobook' idea...is not such a good one. :idea: :musicnote::dazzler::read:

I will still be Hoping, Thinking and praying...that your Mimine continues to improve. :bigeyes: :clover:
Oh, I forgot to ask, what does your cats name Mimine...actually mean in english?
Does it have some special meaning,...and why did you choose it for your cat?
Hey some updates on Mimine!

For all of Saturday and Sunday she ate her meals and didn't throw up once. And Sunday was also her last day of both the antacid and the Cerenia. I also didn't notice anything unusual in the litterboxes, although I didn't see her going in it, but she's usually discrete and I rarely see her go.

Now this morning, she threw up her meal not even half an hour after eating. Compared to Thursday she doesn't seem to feel bad at all, she even went back to eat the rest of her meal (Which she's keeping inside for now).

I'm still waiting a bit to see if she keeps it in before calling the vet.

I don't know if her stomach is still a bit upset and not totally healed and stopping the meds enabled her to throw up again?

I guess we can rule out the foreign object, since she was able to eat two days worth of food without throwing up.

One of my vets hypothesis is that the pred is irritating her insides, so maybe this will keep happening until she's completely weaned.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well darn. But the good news is that she still seems to be feeling good now. I would definitely let the Vet know about this episode, even if it doesn't repeat itself (and hopefully it won't).

Keep us posted.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I hope your kitty is feeling better. If you can afford it, I’d ask the vet what she thinks about getting the ultrasound. My kitty had a stomach issue that was only detected once she had the ultrasound. Hope she’s 100% better very soon!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has Mimine had an ultrasound?

My Betty sounds like she's going through a lot of the same. She's at the vet right now getting an ultrasound. I'm hoping they'll find what's causing her stomach or gut to back up such that she doesn't eat more than 20 grams in a serving. And when she does, she looks pained afterwards. She does a lot of sniffing the food and walking away. I just got her Hills A/D urgent recovery food to help her regain the weight she's lost to all this. Thank goodness she really really likes this food--more than anything else I've ever offered her! I thought the Hills I/D was her favorite. But the A/D is another level. I don't even care about the junky ingredients if Betty can eat it and keep it down and hopefully get fat and happy off the A/D.

One side benefit of the A/D is that I got her to take a Cerenia dose (quarter pill) by re-encapsulating the pill fragment into a gelatin capsule (size 5), smearing that in A/D, and putting the homemade A/D pill pocket on the carpet. Putting it on the carpet (or a towel or another textured surface) makes it harder for her lick the food off the pill. If she wants the food, she has to pick the whole bite up, pill and all. She apparently didn't notice the pill and ate the chaser portion I plated for her after I was satisfied she ate the capsule. I think she's just made medicating her so much easier.

floubert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your replies!

No she didn't get an ultrasound since it's not possible to get one done during the weekend. And since she was feeling better we were not considering to do one in the end.

I will call the vet to see what they recommend, she didn't like her gastrointestinal food, so we went directly back to her usual food, maybe we shouldn't have gone back so fast.

We gave her another meal with only her recovery food with some lickable treat mixed in it so she wants it and so far she ate a good portion and kept it in.

Even after throwing up this morning she really didn't seem uncomfortable and her appetite is not affected at all.

And another difference is that last week she kept her food for long in her stomach before throwing up but this morning she vomited pretty much instantly. So far she kept her second portion for a couple of hours.

We'll see what the vet says!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

For all of Saturday and Sunday she ate her meals and didn't throw up once. And Sunday was also her last day of both the antacid and the Cerenia. I also didn't notice anything unusual in the litterboxes, although I didn't see her going in it, but she's usually discrete and I rarely see her go.

Now this morning, she threw up her meal not even half an hour after eating. Compared to Thursday she doesn't seem to feel bad at all, she even went back to eat the rest of her meal (Which she's keeping inside for now).

I don't know if her stomach is still a bit upset and not totally healed and stopping the meds enabled her to throw up again?

I guess we can rule out the foreign object, since she was able to eat two days worth of food without throwing up.

One of my vets hypothesis is that the pred is irritating her insides, so maybe this will keep happening until she's completely weaned.
"I guess we can rule out the foreign object, since she was able to eat two days worth of food without throwing up."

Hi F floubert ...I think you might have to...somehow put Mimine in a separate room, with her own food, water, and litterbox, too.
Because...how will you know which of your two cats have gone and used the litter box...unless you have a camera...pointed at it, and taping them?
How can you distinguish, which cat's poop it is? 🤔

By seeing Mimine's poop...I think that is the only way...you can entirely 'rule out a foreign object'.
Does that make sense.
Eating is good, and not vomiting...but you still have to see the 'end results come out'...which is the 'poop'.

(I had to do this for my female cat, when she had a 'partial blockage' from eating a piece of a small green dish sponge.
My female cat was not vomiting, though, but just stopped eating, on a weekend, and we took her in to the vet on a monday. She was given cerenia and mirtazapine,..started eating...but still did not go poop. I got so worried by wednesday, and so the Vet had to do x-rays, and decided on an Enema...which was good, in my cat's case. It removed the partial blockage.)
(I know that this is not your cat's case, at all, but just wanted to give some context.)

**With your Mimine...I read that it would be 8-12 hours...for you to know...if she could keep her food down.
(I think they base this number on half of the total of 24 hrs.)

The website I read, also said that when a cat eats...then it moves whatever they have in their system...'ingesta'...further along...to make way...for more food.
That does make sense, since it also said... that this is the reason you will sometimes see a cat eat...and then rush to their litter box...to poop, or pee.

(I honestly don't have any idea about this, since I don't keep track...of when my two cats go to their litter boxes.
I just notice the poop, afterwards, while cleaning the boxes.:paperbag:)

"One of my vets hypothesis is that the pred is irritating her insides, so maybe this will keep happening until she's completely weaned."
This makes total sense, too.
You might have to change the 'delivery method' of the prednisolone to 'ear gel form'...if your Vet thinks that it would not irritate her digestive lining.
Or your Vet may add some 'sucralfate' to see if it helps Mimine's system.

Strangely, the many threads, going on right now, have cats that have taken sucralfate with other meds, but still throw up...so it's really extremely difficult to know what will work for each cat.
This thread is worth a read:
Cat diagnosed with IBD, feeling overwhelmed

(It's definitely not your Mimine's case, at all, but it has some really good posts...that discuss different ideas...along with suggestions that you can ask your own Vet...concerning B12 shots, and perhaps slippery elm, or probiotics, fish oils, etc.
(I have not personally used any of these products, but I think it's still good to know about, and then bring them up with your Vet, to ask their professional opinions about. Never hurts to ask.)

floubert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"I guess we can rule out the foreign object, since she was able to eat two days worth of food without throwing up."

Hi F floubert ...I think you might have to...somehow put Mimine in a separate room, with her own food, water, and litterbox, too.
Because...how will you know which of your two cats have gone and used the litter box...unless you have a camera...pointed at it, and taping them?
How can you distinguish, which cat's poop it is? 🤔

By seeing Mimine's poop...I think that is the only way...you can entirely 'rule out a foreign object'.
Does that make sense.
Eating is good, and not vomiting...but you still have to see the 'end results come out'...which is the 'poop'.

(I had to do this for my female cat, when she had a 'partial blockage' from eating a piece of a small green dish sponge.
My female cat was not vomiting, though, but just stopped eating, on a weekend, and we took her in to the vet on a monday. She was given cerenia and mirtazapine,..started eating...but still did not go poop. I got so worried by wednesday, and so the Vet had to do x-rays, and decided on an Enema...which was good, in my cat's case. It removed the partial blockage.)
(I know that this is not your cat's case, at all, but just wanted to give some context.)

**With your Mimine...I read that it would be 8-12 hours...for you to know...if she could keep her food down.
(I think they base this number on half of the total of 24 hrs.)

The website I read, also said that when a cat eats...then it moves whatever they have in their system...'ingesta'...further along...to make way...for more food.
That does make sense, since it also said... that this is the reason you will sometimes see a cat eat...and then rush to their litter box...to poop, or pee.

(I honestly don't have any idea about this, since I don't keep track...of when my two cats go to their litter boxes.
I just notice the poop, afterwards, while cleaning the boxes.:paperbag:)

"One of my vets hypothesis is that the pred is irritating her insides, so maybe this will keep happening until she's completely weaned."
This makes total sense, too.
You might have to change the 'delivery method' of the prednisolone to 'ear gel form'...if your Vet thinks that it would not irritate her digestive lining.
Or your Vet may add some 'sucralfate' to see if it helps Mimine's system.

Strangely, the many threads, going on right now, have cats that have taken sucralfate with other meds, but still throw up...so it's really extremely difficult to know what will work for each cat.
This thread is worth a read:
Cat diagnosed with IBD, feeling overwhelmed

(It's definitely not your Mimine's case, at all, but it has some really good posts...that discuss different ideas...along with suggestions that you can ask your own Vet...concerning B12 shots, and perhaps slippery elm, or probiotics, fish oils, etc.
(I have not personally used any of these products, but I think it's still good to know about, and then bring them up with your Vet, to ask their professional opinions about. Never hurts to ask.)
Thanks again for your reply!

I agree with you that we should be able to know for certain that she went to the litterbox, we unfortunately can't separate them completely but we will try to find a way to "catch her in the act". What I meant was that I would have been surprised if she was able to keep two days worth of food inside her without throwing up if she didn't digest it completely.

I will keep that 8-12 hours in mind, thank you!

For her pred she only has until this weekend to take it, I feel that's why she did not give me another option.

I'll take a look at all the threads before calling the vet, thank you!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that you can use shaved Crayola crayons in their food to tell which cat is pooping by what color shavings come through. Since you're already concerned about what Mimine might have eaten, I would put the shavings in the other cat's poop. If you get blue poops and a brown one, you can assume the non-blue poop is Mimine's, assuming you used a blue crayon. I would use some color that's going to be obvious and not alarming. No red crayons! I would use the Crayola brand name if you can find them because kids (and probably dogs) are always eating these (and Playdough) so you know the company have made them nontoxic by now. You may be able to use a food dye instead. But not all food dyes travel through unaltered. Whatever they use in red velvet cupcakes apparently does. I have to leave myself a note for tomorrow-me not to freak out. 😹

How Cats Eating Crayons Can Save You Time, Frustration, and Money.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
...And another difference is that last week she kept her food for long in her stomach before throwing up but this morning she vomited pretty much instantly. So far she kept her second portion for a couple of hours.

We'll see what the vet says!
There's a difference between 'vomiting in cats'...and 'regurgitation in cats'...concerning what you just mentioned above...about the 'time frames' of when they vomit.

(I cannot recall why that is so important to distinguish, though.
Maybe doing a "Search"...or some more skimming online will help) :think:
...I agree with you that we should be able to know for certain that she went to the litterbox, we unfortunately can't separate them completely but we will try to find a way to "catch her in the act".
Yeah, I totally agree with the 'not being able to separate them completely part', too.
I think it actually might cause more 'stress on our cats'...when we close them inside a bedroom.
(But sometimes, I had to do this, just to make sure my one cat was eating, drinking, and to get a proper fecal sample).

(I have not yet invested in buying a 'trail camera, web camera, or even car dash cam'...where I could remotely set it up, and watch them.
I think I will need one, in the future, though.)

"catching her in the act"...sounds really good, too, and is actually probably the best way, ..since you will see and 'hear' what's going on.
The hard part is doing it nonchalantly, and acting as if, you are not actually watching your cat go potty. :blush:
Somehow, our cats absolutely know when they are being 'watched'.
Sure, they can 'watch us' whenever they want,...but our cats give us the 'eye look', 'stare'...when we do it back to them. lol.
...What I meant was that I would have been surprised if she was able to keep two days worth of food inside her without throwing up if she didn't digest it completely.

I will keep that 8-12 hours in mind, thank you!

For her pred she only has until this weekend to take it, I feel that's why she did not give me another option.
"What I meant was that I would have been surprised if she was able to keep two days worth of food inside her without throwing up if she didn't digest it completely."
Yeah, I totally knew what you meant there. :thumbsup:
...(I think I am a bit too 'cautious or paranoid' now...because of that whole 'sponge eating fiasco' with my own cat. :biggrin: )

(I should have clarified that, to you. :lol: Instead of "making you feel better", ...I get you to worry more.:cringe:
Not my intention, at all.
In case I write anything that makes you feel more stressed,...just please 'skip over those parts'...and just say to yourself, "oh, it's just a 'cat nap' idea. :read: :rolleyes2: :lol:)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

How is your Mimine doing today, F floubert ?
I was also wondering which antacid the Vet had given you?
Was it generic famotidine?

floubert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is your Mimine doing today, F floubert ?
I was also wondering which antacid the Vet had given you?
Was it generic famotidine?
Hi, thanks for asking! She's doing well! Didn't throw up and saw her poop and it was absolutely normal.

Vet told me yesterday to keep giving her her GI food and try to see how was her poop and to come with her to the vet if it happened again or if something was wrong with the poop.

So, for now everything is going great! We'll continue to be attentive but I'm hopeful she's doing better!

Also I don't have them with me, but I think it's famotidine

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, thanks for asking! She's doing well! Didn't throw up and saw her poop and it was absolutely normal.

Vet told me yesterday to keep giving her her GI food and try to see how was her poop and to come with her to the vet if it happened again or if something was wrong with the poop.

So, for now everything is going great! We'll continue to be attentive but I'm hopeful she's doing better!

Also I don't have them with me, but I think it's famotidine
Yay!! :jive: :yess:
Thanks for the update.:woo:

(you can ask your Vet if you can get the generic famotidine, otc at any pharmacy,...only if needed.)
Hopefully, though, your Mimine will continue to improve, and not need all the meds for her system to heal.

I kind of wondered if 'morning stomach acidity'...also played a role,...in her morning initial vomits.
Not sure how that could be proved, though,...by just looking at the vomit,...the timing of it...and taking photos of it.

Take photos of everything...food, vomit, poop, urine, laying, and sleeping positions.
Basically you're just going to act like the "cat paparazzi"...but hopefully, your Mimine will not mind. :lol:📱🎞

Taking videos of when she is throwing up, is also useful, to show your Vet...although, this would be kind of difficult, since "how do you know ahead of time"...when a vomit will occur. You would have to be very fast, with your cell phone, during an episode.
I am Hoping that from now on...no vomit will happen. :thumbsup::cloud9:

I know, I know...you're going to say, "that's just crazy...and way too many photos" :crazy:...but maybe it could just help to keep track of Times...and not have to write things down.
(But writing things down in a calendar, ...Notebook,... with times, is also useful.):bluepaw:
Photos just help to keep Times organized.
..plus the photo of a Meal, and portions may also help...seeing how much is eaten...and what is liked to eat. (I guess in one week's time, that would be many, many photos. Maybe that is too much. idk)

Once our cats are well, then we go back to just 'regular cool photos' and 'sleeping, sitting, walking, posing' photos. :)

Thank you again, for the update. Continued Health Vibes sent your Mimine's way. :vibes::vibes::blackcat: :goodluck::clover:

RaeRaeKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm waiting for my vet to call me back, but I'm asking for your opinion in the meantime.

I think the best way to explain my situation would be with a quick timeline of what happened. A similar situation happened a year ago with our cat, but lasted only a day and was resolved. We blamed it on a plant that we since got rid of.

Wednesday evening: Cat is 100% normal, starts yelling and following us around 1 hour before mealtime as usual and then eats her whole portion. It may be important to note that both my cats eat Nutrience Subzero prairie red wet food, half a can each twice a day (So healthy cat and sick cat each ate one half of the same can this evening)

Thursday Morning: I wake up and find about 10 spots of vomit spread around the apartment on the floor. The first ones solid and seeming only to contain yesterday's meal and the last ones mostly foamy bile. I then call my vet which was booked for the day and then make an appointment with the emergency vet. In the meantime she vomited another one in front of me which contained clear blood, only visible when cleaning up with a paper towel.

At the vet she got in blood work which I included and seemed normal, she seemed to feel a bit better, no fever, no tenderness of the abdomen. The vet supposed something irritated her stomach, gave me some antacid and a 24mg pill of Cerenia to split in four.

We go back home, wait a bit for her to calm down before giving her something to eat. She refused her usual food, we use lickable treats to give her her meds and it works. I then boil a chicken breast and manage to make her eat a bit less than a quarter cup of it. She still seems a bit off but I'm satisfied since she has a little something in her stomach. Her meal ends at about 10pm.

Friday morning: I wake up at about 6 am and she gets up at the same time, I hear her stomach contracting, she yells and throws up at the same time. It contained most if not all of her meal from the past evening.

I then go to my vet, they take an X-ray, and don't see anything off. She's a bit dehydrated so they give her some IV fluids and a Cerenia injection at the same time. She tells me to try and go back home and that it will probably get better, but if it gets worse to go to the emergency vet since at my local vet they need to plan in advance to get the ultrasound specialist and it wouldn't be possible before next week.

I go back home, cat is tired and grumpy as usual after a vet visit and goes to bed, but doesn't seem uncomfortable or in pain. Just a couple of minutes ago she came running into my room and she was drooling excessively, like a dog, while moving and stopping erratically. It lasted for about 5 minutes, then she sat on the couch and now looks pretty uncomfortable. I called my vet and she's in a consultation right now and will call me back after.

In the meantime, I'd like your opinion, to the best of your ability on what I've given you right now if possible.

I know drooling is associated with nausea, does it mean it's getting worse or that the Cerenia is not working?

Is my cat's situation normal for gastritis or would you suspect something else is wrong?

If my vet recommends it, I'm going to the emergency but if you have any advice unrelated to my questions, feel free to share it with me.

Thank you.

• Species: Cat
  • Sex/Neuter status: Female neutered
  • Breed: Domestic black cat
  • Body weight: 13.5 pounds (Down from 18 about 6 months ago)
  • History: Started to cough daily once or twice about a month ago. Vet suspected allergies or asthma, started Prednisolone 5mg daily about two weeks ago, coughing has reduced since then.
  • Clinical signs: Vomiting, lethargy, no appetite, not diarrhea but half-way between solid and mushy stool with some red in it.
  • Duration: Seen first vomit when waking up Thursday morning
  • Your general location: Quebec, Canada
  • Links to test results, vet reports, X-rays etc.: Blood work results, They did not give me a copy of the X-ray but one vet said she did not see signs of obstruction and another confirmed but said that maybe there was a little something near her intestine but not probable.
Hi,
Our oldest cat Pock who is half Maine Coon has had exactly the same symptoms on and off since he was about your cats age 5-6 years old.
When hes in one of these phases, he vomits lots of spots of foam, his appetite is poor, he loses weight, we worry like HECK!
At vets, his bloods are great, nothing abnormal found. He then goes back to normal for months/ a couple years even, then it starts again.
Vets find nothing again.
He was prescribed Omeprezole years ago 5mg tablet a day and that really helps him. Vets best guess is that he has GERD - reflux disease
Rare in cats but not unheard of
The brilliant news for you and your cat is that Pock just turned 18.
Still on Omeprazole + Amodip as his blood pressure got a bit high as he got older.
Hes also just. been started on Cerenia tablets an anti nausea med which has made a massive difference to his eating.
It comes in 16mg tabs and its 1mg per kg so he has a quarter tab 4 Mg as hes 4kg - a skinny old boy now- but its improved his appetite a lot so hopefully he will gain back some weight now.
His bloods show very early Kidney disease now due to his age, but otherwise, hes a happy healthy loving boy and we adore him
I hope that this helps you my lovely
Rae xx
5645A903-C5FB-4D9B-9DD2-BE15187268ED.jpeg

RaeRaeKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay!! :jive: :yess:
Thanks for the update.:woo:

(you can ask your Vet if you can get the generic famotidine, otc at any pharmacy,...only if needed.)
Hopefully, though, your Mimine will continue to improve, and not need all the meds for her system to heal.

I kind of wondered if 'morning stomach acidity'...also played a role,...in her morning initial vomits.
Not sure how that could be proved, though,...by just looking at the vomit,...the timing of it...and taking photos of it.

Take photos of everything...food, vomit, poop, urine, laying, and sleeping positions.
Basically you're just going to act like the "cat paparazzi"...but hopefully, your Mimine will not mind. :lol:📱🎞

Taking videos of when she is throwing up, is also useful, to show your Vet...although, this would be kind of difficult, since "how do you know ahead of time"...when a vomit will occur. You would have to be very fast, with your cell phone, during an episode.
I am Hoping that from now on...no vomit will happen. :thumbsup::cloud9:

I know, I know...you're going to say, "that's just crazy...and way too many photos" :crazy:...but maybe it could just help to keep track of Times...and not have to write things down.
(But writing things down in a calendar, ...Notebook,... with times, is also useful.):bluepaw:
Photos just help to keep Times organized.
..plus the photo of a Meal, and portions may also help...seeing how much is eaten...and what is liked to eat. (I guess in one week's time, that would be many, many photos. Maybe that is too much. idk)

Once our cats are well, then we go back to just 'regular cool photos' and 'sleeping, sitting, walking, posing' photos. :)

Thank you again, for the update. Continued Health Vibes sent your Mimine's way. :vibes::vibes::blackcat: :goodluck::clover:
Brilliant advice - i do the same and my vet Laura says it’s actually super useful to her xx

RaeRaeKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Brilliant advice - i do the same and my vet Laura says it’s actually super useful to her xx
“Morning Stomach Acidity” is G.E.R.D. and exactly what my cat Pock was dx with 13 years ago.
He’s been on Omeprazole 5mg per day for this and it helps immensely. GERD is rare in cats but it does happen.
Pocks still going at 18 years old now so its worked s treat to him.
He’s also on Cerenia now which is an anti nausea med which has improved his appetite which had deteriorated of late due to very early stage kidney disease due to his age
Mirtazipine didn’t work for Pock - it just made him tired, wobbly on his feet and didn’t make him eat more. However it works really well as an appetite stimulant for most cats xx