Cat Wants to Live in Our Bathroom!

londonguy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear All,

We have a fully grown adult male cat who has lived with us for around 5 years, and its between 7-8 years old. He's beautifully behaved, and all our family adore him so much.

Recently for the last month, he only wants to be in our bathroom! His favourite spot on his comfy sofa has been abandoned, and he no longer tries to sneak onto our bed, and so on. He only comes out of the bathroom to eat, go outside, use the litter tray but he's spending around 23 hours a day in the bathroom at the moment! The weather here is rather hot at the moment but it's been hot before and he's never done this.

Whilst him spending so much time in our bathroom isnt the most convenient, my main thing is wondering why he is going through this phase. He's healthy and seems happy.

Thanks!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
it's probably much cooler in the bathroom with the tile flooring. She might prefer that, and recently discovered it.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a couple that give up their nomal sleeping spots in hot weather to head to the basement, and they sleep on the concrets over the cisterns; it's many degrees cooler and I would happily join them if it was more comfortable. They do resurface at meal times and when it cools down upstairs