Cat wants food refrigerated

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy loves his canned food refrigerated. I'm told that canned food should be warmed up in the microwave before serving it. He doesn't like his food heated up, he just looks at me like I'm crazy if I give him warmed food. He will eat room temperature food but reluctantly.

Is it really that bad to feed him food straight from the fridge? I don't really see the harm in it myself but everything I've read says it's not good to do so.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Feeby loves her canned food right out of the fridge. I haven't heard anything about that being a bad way to serve it. There are many cat owners on this site that say their cats won't eat it cold, others say their cats do. If that's the way your bud likes it, I say go for it!!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing wrong with eating cold canned food. If your cat likes it cold, then feed it cold.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll add that I wouldn't feel comfortable heating food up in the microwave because there may be small bone fragments that could become cooked. If he likes it cold, then by all means, feed it cold! I wish my brats liked their food cold....