Cat walking funny

Sophie923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed my cat is walking different. It only started 3 days ago. He is walking on the tip toes of his back legs and it is like a waddle. He is a little overweight but is only 12 months old. I am wondering if he has hurt himself or it is something more serious like diabetes. He seems fine in himself but you can see he is uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Upon examining his back legs did you notice anything unusual, e.g. a sore spot, swelling, deep scratch, etc.? He may have jumped down from a high surface and landed in an uncomfortable position. However, from what you described it more than likely would not be attributed to diabetes. I would not encourage him to play so that he can rest his back legs and if he does not show any improvement I would suggest contacting your vet. Best of luck, I hope he feels better soon.:alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sophie923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed my cat is walking different. It only started 3 days ago. He is walking on the tip toes of his back legs and it is like a waddle. He is a little overweight but is only 12 months old. I am wondering if he has hurt himself or it is something more serious like diabetes. He seems fine in himself but you can see he is uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you :)
It is difficult to ensure he doesn’t play as I have two cats. Maybe I will separate them for the day and see if that helps him. Thank you again for your quick reply.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sophie923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Upon examining his back legs did you notice anything unusual, e.g. a sore spot, swelling, deep scratch, etc.? He may have jumped down from a high surface and landed in an uncomfortable position. However, from what you described it more than likely would not be attributed to diabetes. I would not encourage him to play so that he can rest his back legs and if he does not show any improvement I would suggest contacting your vet. Best of luck, I hope he feels better soon.:alright:
Hi, sorry to bother you again, if the cats ears are warm too touch does this mean the cat has a fever? Also, He is all off a sudden acting very needy and clingy. Normally he like his own space and never comes to sleep on your lap but this evening he is. I’m not sure if I am overthinking every little thing. His tummy also seems hard to touch, I’m not sure if this is because he is overweight like I mentioned before or if it is inflamed. I tried to examine the sides of his tummy but he moved away and faced me instead.
Does this sound alarming to you?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
sorry to bother you again, if the cats ears are warm too touch does this mean the cat has a fever?
You're not bothering us at all, that's what we're here for so please feel free to ask questions. A healthy cats' ears usually do feel a bit warm and a normal temp. for a cat is between 101 - 102.5. Plus if your cat has been sitting in a sunny area his ears may feel warmer. Regarding his behavior acting needy and clingy, it may be due to the way he is walking on his back legs. Perhaps he is having some form of discomfort and keep in mind that it is a cat's instinct to hide their pain. You are the best judge as to whether he is acting out of sorts and, for that reason, you may want to give your vet a call to explain his condition. I hope this helps. 🙂