Cat vs Dog

spoung45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! First post here. So I just adopted a cat(my 6th in my life) a few days ago in to a house that has had a dog(my 1st ) in it for almost a year. The dog a Staffy named The Doctor loves the cat! When the cat is in her room (her name is River Song yes we are big nerds) and the door is closed in the morning he will just whine and whine, then we will let him in and then  he will just lay down on the floor and get his sniffs in, to a point when I can see the ticking of her tail that when i separate the two. I know like all cats they reach that point for everything. Also when he cant find her he has the super worried look on his face and starts to look for her.

Frequently she will just start swatting (it dose not look like her claws are out)at him her ears are not back and her tail is not fluffed up or wagging. I think she is just playing with him, since she will give him a wack he backs up and goes in for more. She did touch her nose to his a few times and also she dose rub up against him from time time. Also i think i saw her do a quick lick to the top of his ear to this morning before I came in to the room. The dog seams to love her i cant tell yet how she fells about him, she dose let him right up next to her, and she seams OK with that. I have given her many hiding spots (one was and old box a file cabinet came makes and excellent "cave" for her)  in and make it easy for her to jump to higher ground. I do have the memories of when I brought a new cat in to the house and the big stare downs and fights that have happened. Also while she swats at him she dose not hiss at him unless he starts to lick her too much.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, you have a cat/dog pair of buddies. There are many people on here who have the same thing.

Welcome to TCS
and be sure to post some pictures of them to the Fur Pictures and Videos board.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spoung45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks that is what I was thinking but just wanted to be sure, since i never really had a cat and dog together. I will get some good photos of the two of them on here soon.