cat vomiting

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi ,

my 1 year old male  cat
 keeps vomiting and refuses to eat or drink water ; please help me ! 

i don't what he ate but he sometimes doesn't chew his food well he swallows it directly and then ends up throwing up    

usually he throws up the un-chewed food and that's it ! but today he kept vomiting some white sticky liquid and after that he vomited a light brown liquid 

i don't know wht that means but i think he's in pain cuz he can't sleep and when i tried to caress him he growled at me ! 

please help me guys i don't know what to do!! 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Call your vet and seek their advice. Your instincts about your cat seem accurate. Different vomit, not eating & drinking and change in behavior I.e growling. Keep us updated. I'm sorry your kitty is ill.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's 3 in the morning here ! i'll have to wait but if there is anything i can do to help him right now please tell me ! 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
If he's in pain and still throwing up, he probably needs to see a vet now. Are you near an Emergency vet?

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no i'm not , he throws up about every hour and can't sleep that's how i assumed that he's in pain !

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take him to the vet first thing in the morning? As for things to help right now, I hope someone will chime in who knows home treatments for nausea - unfortunately, I have no experience in that. Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon.

abby gattina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he's kinda been through this before , last time he had diarrhea and weight loss , i took him to the vet where he gave him injections and that almost killed him he suffered a lot , i had to feed him by syringe for about a week or 2 !! his recovery took a long time

i really don't want him to go through that again 

the good news: he slept (but not for long ) , he drank some water by himself but i gave him some using a syringe to make sure that he stays hydrated but he doesn't eat ! 

now should i force him to eat? should i give him some baby food or something like i did last time ?? or should i leave him a while so that he can get rid of what he ate first ???