Cat vomiting, vets stumped?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brillobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got an update from the vet today. She's still not vomiting and is eating on her own. Pooping too! Maybe coming home tomorrow. She'll still be on the meds for a while.

brillobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raiya gets to come home today! She's even eating hard food, now. The liver samples came back and it was fatty liver. I hurt my back and am off the rest of the week so we can get better together. Still no idea what caused the original vomiting and anorexia. The vet seems to think it was stress from introducing Puff. I think it was the rhinovirus, that Puff had. Raiya had gotten laryngytis. So maybe her throat was sore. Oh well, just hoping she doesn't relapse once she gets home. The vet suggested some feliway, until she gets back to normal.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's so great!!! Well, you'd be surprised how easily stress can cause this. Unfortunately stress can make them very sick in a lot of different ways so try to keep her stress level down once she's home.

brillobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brought her home, and she already ate and drank!  I got the feliway, too. Can't hurt. Here's hoping she'll keep improving and gain back the weight she lost.