Cat vomiting need advice!

leothelioness30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 2 weeks ago we took my 11year old fur baby (cat) to the vet cause she'd been vomiting all night. The vet gave her a shot of Cerenia and sent us home with the tablet form of that for her upset stomach. He also gave liquid Metronidazole. Within a few days she was back to normal. The vet said to stop the antibiotic after she'd been on it a week because giving it to her became a major fight. She's been acting like she feels great the past week even playing like a kitten. She talked my husband into giving her a couple bites of cheese then not after she started vomiting worse than 2 weeks ago. Since it's in the middle of the night I gave her a dose of Cerenia. She hasn't thrown up since I gave her that. The vet told us the gastritis could come back and I'm wondering if the cheese is what caused it to flare up or was it something else? Has anyone had anything like this happen and what do you suggest? I still have the antibiotic, should I give her more of that?

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
About 2 weeks ago we took my 11year old fur baby (cat) to the vet cause she'd been vomiting all night. The vet gave her a shot of Cerenia and sent us home with the tablet form of that for her upset stomach. He also gave liquid Metronidazole. Within a few days she was back to normal. The vet said to stop the antibiotic after she'd been on it a week because giving it to her became a major fight. She's been acting like she feels great the past week even playing like a kitten. She talked my husband into giving her a couple bites of cheese then not after she started vomiting worse than 2 weeks ago. Since it's in the middle of the night I gave her a dose of Cerenia. She hasn't thrown up since I gave her that. The vet told us the gastritis could come back and I'm wondering if the cheese is what caused it to flare up or was it something else? Has anyone had anything like this happen and what do you suggest? I still have the antibiotic, should I give her more of that?
If she vomited soon after eating the cheese then it sounds like a food issue and i would completely stop feeding her anything but her cat food.  Perhaps in time you might slowly introduce human food treats, one at a time to control for issues, no more cheese again (cats are often lactose intolerant) and stick to simple things like fresh chicken. I don't think the antibiotic is indicated but check with your vet.