Cat Vomited

sura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone,

I’ve had sura since about June, she was a feral cat. My Vet estimated her age to be around 4. She has always been super skiddish. Today around 4 she threw up twice. It was clear liquid with some dry food pieces in it. Since then she is very lethargic and just wants to sleep. When either my wife or I go to see her she barely moves and just opens her eyes a little bit. As I am writing this she came down to our living room and is letting us pet her belly and her tail is flapping. We tried to get her to the vet before but she escaped. She doesn’t like to be held. My question is should we take her to the emergency vet? Wait til the morning and go to our reg Vet if she doesn’t seem better? And what should we look out for. She hasn’t vomited since then either.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes cats throw up. they get sick and upset stomachs just like we do. If she will eat and drink a little that's good. I try not to worry unless it goes longer than 24 hours. If she still feels bad tomorrow you may want to have her checked out. as long as she is eating a little, drinking a little, and using her litter box i think you are ok to wait until tomorrow. Unless something major happens.

Hope she feels better soon :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the reply back, she ate some wet food and used her litter box. If she is the same in the morning then we’ll take her to the vet. Thanks again for the reply

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with the other person. All cats vomit.
Sometimes there is a furball in there that causes it, sometimes they eat too fast. All kinds of things.
She ate and pooped and that's a good sign. See what happens.
I have one cat who sleeps a lot. I know she sleeps all day when I'm at work. I wouldn't worry about that too much.
See how it goes and come back on here for more advice if you want or take the kitty to the vet for your own peace of mind. You know your cat better than we do.