Cat vomited - what could be the cause?

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

My cat was running around for about 20 mins fter she had her kibbles for lunch. Around 30 mins later, she vomited out some undigested kibbles.

Not sure if she's feeling ill or not. She's still active. Pee and poop normal. No vomiting since then.

Could the vomiting be due to her running around with a full stomach?

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhh, vomiting. It can be frustrating to figure it out. But yes, I have had a cat that would throw up from eating too fast. Did she retch (like stomach heaving and she had to try to vomit?) Or did she just kinda open her mouth and throw up the kibble? Usually when my cat throws up from eating too much she just opens her mouth and out it comes. Your kitty is probably fine. Is she still eating and drinking?
Write down the day and time, and keep an eye on her. If it happens again, especially more than once, I’d call the vet and ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhh, vomiting. It can be frustrating to figure it out. But yes, I have had a cat that would throw up from eating too fast. Did she retch (like stomach heaving and she had to try to vomit?) Or did she just kinda open her mouth and throw up the kibble? Usually when my cat throws up from eating too much she just opens her mouth and out it comes. Your kitty is probably fine. Is she still eating and drinking?
Write down the day and time, and keep an eye on her. If it happens again, especially more than once, I’d call the vet and ask.
Hi, thanks for reply, appreciate it 🙏 my cat hardly vomit ever since I adopted her. Usually if she vomit, it'll follow by loose stool but there's no loose stool as of now. There's stomach heaving. I wasn't at home at that time but I could see it through the house camera. My mom cleaned up the vomiting shortly after, she mentioned that there's undigested kibbles with some fur.

She's still eating well. Had her wet food for dinner and kibbles for supper earlier on. She pooped earlier on as well.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It might have been caused by the fur, or it could have just been a one-off. I agree with the suggestion to chart what food is being eaten, when, and what she is doing at the time, if she throws up again.

Some cats who go too long without eating between meals can also throw up undigested food. Stomach acids might have built up and when the food hits, it causes a cat to throw it up.