Cat vomited 14 times in less than 24 hours, nplease help me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catb0b

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Ok, I got a furminator and WOW--does that thing WORK...BUT......becareful! You can bald your kitty! OMG! I Felt horrid when I noticed a bald patch on my girl, and realized I'd gotten WAYYY too into it (I work with horses and we use shedding blades, curries etc). It grew back, but I felt horrid about it.

So, just make sure you don't over do it ;) 
Thank you for the advice. We'll try our best to be careful. I'm sure you felt horrid, I'm trying to picture the same situation and I'd be feeling enormously guilty. Luckily their hair grows up fairly quick.

darkhorse321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh---it was more a 'thinning' in one area. My female kitty has a LOT of fur---though a tabby (DSH), she's always had finer fur than her brother. She didn't mind and she LOVES being brushed :D 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh---it was more a 'thinning' in one area. My female kitty has a LOT of fur---though a tabby (DSH), she's always had finer fur than her brother. She didn't mind and she LOVES being brushed :D 
I did that to my cat too. I felt terrible! She seemed to enjoy the extra breeze.

darkhorse321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut  I'm sorry to say, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one! Hahaha. My friend also said she did the same to her St Bernard dog. Got so into grooming him she balded him a bit. Of course, being horsey gals, we're used to getting into a good grooming to get as much fur off as possible--but the furminator takes too much fur off according to a different friend, who is a professional groomer. Oops ;) (dog groomer)