Cat using litter box a lot in an hour, and is not very hungry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

FYI-you are looking for big trouble giving the cats human food leftovers.

A good reason for a cat to get IBD, which you surely don't want to be dealing with, a big pain and no cure.
Thanks for the advice! i started her on the antibiotics already. She didnt get to eat anything today, she wasnt hungry when we got home. =(

By the way, when i said my mom gives the other cat left overs, i meant she gives her Kittys left over food. Since Kitty hasnt been eating, she just gives the food to Elsa. So Elsa has been eating more than normal. Sorry for the confusion.

I never give my cats human food, its something im very adamant about.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh! Got it :)

Think you can get her to eat something? Baby food warmed and watered down a bit maybe?

She really can't wait until the antibiotic kicks in since it will take until the 5th dose.

She has GOT to drink and at least eat something meanwhile.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ohhhh! Got it :)

Think you can get her to eat something? Baby food warmed and watered down a bit maybe?

She really can't wait until the antibiotic kicks in since it will take until the 5th dose.

She has GOT to drink and at least eat something meanwhile.
Dont have any baby food, ill go buy some in the morning.

Just tried feeding her again at 11pm. She took a bite but walked away right away.

im considering using the applicator that came with her antibiotics, to give her some water tomorrow.

UPDATE: Finally saw her eating. Not sure if she'll eat it all, but at least she sought out her own food without me chasing her around with it.

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

She ate an entire can the day after the first dose of antibiotic, but ever since then her appetite is still not great. I have to feed her four time a day, each time is a 1/4 of a can. She sometimes finishes it, sometimes she eats half. But overall, her appetite is still really down. is this normal? or should i contact my vet?

note: i just gave her the fourth dose of the antibiotic, its a seven day treatment. she is pooping and peeing normally.

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remember what I said, it's after the 5th dose that you should start seeing some improvements in her, as well as her appetite recovering better.

So give it another day and see how she does, and if by Monday am she is not getting/acting better, you should definitely contact her vet again and give them an update.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Remember what I said, it's after the 5th dose that you should start seeing some improvements in her, as well as her appetite recovering better.

So give it another day and see how she does, and if by Monday am she is not getting/acting better, you should definitely contact her vet again and give them an update.
oh, that's right you did! Sorry i forgot.
Ok, i will keep an eye out until monday. thanks so much for the help.