Cat using box while you're cleaning it?!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My older cat just did this to me a few days ago! He supervised while I cleaned his box (right on top of me)... I poured in some new litter and just as I was about to spread it out he could wait no longer, he shoved me out of the way and stepped into the box... I was like "No buddy wait, I haven't put the top on and Im not finished!" Too late! He stepped in, looked at me (gave me that what are you lookin at face) and took a huge poo... I was laughing so hard (he looked like he could have used a newspaper by how serious he was going about his business)! The strange thing is that he actually covered his poop up for me (he never does this), I guess it was his way of saying thanks mom, sorry I couldn't wait any longer

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our guys do that all the time
!

We have the CatsRule Charlie Box (the hooded one), and sometimes, when I take the box apart to clean, they'll go and sit in the hood part -- no bottom pan!

Or they'll sit on the liner -- before the crystals are poured in!

And of course, Doc always has to do an inaugural poop immediately after I finish cleaning!

P.S. Of course, they also police the area while I'm cleaning...like little furry inspectors to make sure I'm getting it spic & span clean!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I was changing the litter in Misty's box. She was sleeping on the bed (the litterbox was in the bedroom in a corner). She watched me dump the old litter and flew off the bed and did her business before I even had time to totally finish filling it. It was hilarious.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loki did this once, but it was after I had dumped out the used litter! I was putting the bad-o-used-litter into another trash bag just in case it splits open, and all of a sudden I notice Loki squatting down and he starts to pee! I even had to move him a bit so it wouldn't touch his feet! I was SO annoyed!
Now I make sure to keep an eye on him. He also had another litterbox he could have used about 10 feet away!

Tricia

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sweetie does this to me twice a day. As i'm scooping she jumps in and just has to pee. Oh well, its one less clump to sit in the box until the next scooping.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leya did the same thing! It drove me up the wall. I used to think she just couldn't wait and one day I told her I just couldn't wait and took her out of the litter box. I did that a few more times and now she waits patiently for me to be done then she goes in

lochnessmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of mine watch me as I wash their box and then follow me while I get the litter and then both of them jump in as I pour it in the box. They both then dig and poo!

I'm like Geez guys give me a break!!