Cat urinating/pooping out of box

shankoba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having serious problems with one of my cats. To start off, I have 5, ranging from 2-11. Recently my 11 year old, Lexi, started pooping on a leather couch then followed it with urinating as well. The only reason I know which cat it is, is because we set up a recording webcam and caught her in the act. I also have a 5 year old male that is aggressive and does not really get along with the others. I found him when he was about 1 and he has never really meshed with the others. He chases the Lexi around and she is very stressed out from him. She can't even look at him without growling and hissing. Knowing that, we have separated them and put Lexi into her own little room when we cant watch her and see where she is going. We got rid of the couch, and watch her constantly and when we can't she is in the room with her own litterbox. I am at a loss of what to do next. I can't keep her confined, and Toby, the mean one, has gotten into bothering the others more and has become almost unbearable even for us. He bites you if you don't pet him on his terms, he bites if you don't put his wet food down fast enough.....etc. Since he (Toby) appears to be the problem, what would be my best course of action?

felinemama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shankoba

I am having serious problems with one of my cats. To start off, I have 5, ranging from 2-11. Recently my 11 year old, Lexi, started pooping on a leather couch then followed it with urinating as well. The only reason I know which cat it is, is because we set up a recording webcam and caught her in the act. I also have a 5 year old male that is aggressive and does not really get along with the others. I found him when he was about 1 and he has never really meshed with the others. He chases the Lexi around and she is very stressed out from him. She can't even look at him without growling and hissing. Knowing that, we have separated them and put Lexi into her own little room when we cant watch her and see where she is going. We got rid of the couch, and watch her constantly and when we can't she is in the room with her own litterbox. I am at a loss of what to do next. I can't keep her confined, and Toby, the mean one, has gotten into bothering the others more and has become almost unbearable even for us. He bites you if you don't pet him on his terms, he bites if you don't put his wet food down fast enough.....etc. Since he (Toby) appears to be the problem, what would be my best course of action?
I would first suggest that you let a vet have a look at Lexi. If he has never gone out of his litterbox before, he may be sick. That may be why Toby who apparently has always been aggressive, is being more so with Lexi. Please keep us posted.

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you have an 11 year old cat, with a 2 year old that is aggresive, your Lexi is doing this because of being scared and stressed, this is not a good situation, biting you, stressing out everyone, I would keep him confined until you decide your course of action..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shankoba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsareok

you have an 11 year old cat, with a 2 year old that is aggresive, your Lexi is doing this because of being scared and stressed, this is not a good situation, biting you, stressing out everyone, I would keep him confined until you decide your course of action..
The aggressive cat is 5 years old, and bothers everyone, not just the 11 or 10 year olds. I am trying to find him a home but it is hard, as no one wants a cat that can be mean if you don't do what he wants...Lexi is not the one biting us. She is completely lovable and sweet. She only hisses at Toby when he comes near her. We have done all we can to keep them apart at this point.