Cat Urinating In Dirty Clothes!

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep Catching My Kitten Peeing In the dirty close Basket And she is sooo lucky my granma hasnt caught Her Doing it But, How Ca i get her to stop doing it???????????????????Please Help!!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Move the basket where she can't get at it. In other words, off the floor. Why is she peeing outside of her litter box? Is her box clean?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I always keep the box clean but che stopped peeing in it!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be in some pain when she urinates & poops. She may be avoiding the box because of this. Is she spayed? You should take her to the vet.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She may have a UTI or even crystals that may peeing painful.  They tend to blame the spot they pee for the pain so will try another spot.  Often they will try many spots becasue they all hurt.  I agree that lifting the dirty clothes up is the first thing to do.  If they were thrown on the floor then use an enzymatic cleaner on the floor.  

She may not like the litter.  Try a new one.  If there is more than one cat you should have at least one litter box per cat.  Some cats like two litter boxes just for themselves, one for pee, one for poop.  Good Luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be in some pain when she urinates & poops. She may be avoiding the box because of this. Is she spayed? You should take her to the vet.
She Is NOT Spayed Also what is a good age to get a cat spayed??

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone will tell you different, including vets, but they can be spayed at 8 weeks. She can be pregnant as early as 16 weeks.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat has peed on dirty laundry since we got him. We have to keep it hidden in the closet so that he won't pee on it. In his case it is just a behaviorll, nothing much to do but avoid it.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She Is NOT Spayed Also what is a good age to get a cat spayed??
I don't like to spay too early, just as with dogs I like to allow growth to complete as much as I can.  But yes, if they're outside roaming they can get pregnant pretty early.  Spaying can be related to urinary incontinence that could be part of the problem.  Spaying is an invasive procedure for the females and it would be good to have the cat healthy before doing that surgery.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@greenpuppyz from one of your other threads I can see that she would be about 5 months old now.  Many vets spay at 6 months, but I usually prefer 5 just to be on the same side, especially if you're letting her outside.

But she does need to see a vet soon, just in case of the UTI.  Maybe you could suggest to your Grandma that she needs to be spayed, and the vet can then give her a good looking over?