"CAT"urday Daily Question ............02/06/10

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning my dear friends…

Today I have the privilege to post here your daily question for the Lounge…
I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members, and to know what do you think about it…
of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!..
… so lets begin…

MOVE!
How many times in your enterely life have you move from the place where you raised?
Wich one was the main motives?
By work?
By Bussiness?
Or finding a best place for live?
How many states are you been?...

...So, start to post here!...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many times in your entire life have you move from the place where you were raised?
I grew up in a town about 20 miles from here. In '96 I went with my mother for a year and lived in Michigan for a year, then moved back. In December 2002 I moved to this town.

What one was the main motives?
In '96 it was because my mother was separating from my father. In '02 it was because the town I grew up in is a terrible stagnating little town full of people that have nothing better to do then gossip and because there's nothing there.

How many states have you been to?..
Oklahoma (where I live), Michigan, many of the states in between. Louisiana and Texas.]

The other questions either didn't apply or are covered under answers given.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've moved three times in my lifetime. Twice because of my Dad being called to a Church, once because he was elected Bishop, and once because this is where Mom wanted to retire. Besides NC and Ky, I've been to Virginia, Maine, Oregon, California, Louisiana.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't count the number of times I moved.

Grew up mostly in Ottawa and am back here now.

Only lived in Ontario

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still live in the city I was raised. I haven't had a reason to leave. But I've visited almost ever province in Canada (except Newfoundland), and 13 States (Nevada, California, Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Florida, New York, Hawaii).

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many times in your entere life have you move from the place where you raised? I have moved only once.
Wich one was the main motives? Had to sell the house after Mom passed.

How many states are you been?... One, and only had to move about 2 miles.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always lived in the same city that I was born and raised in. Hopefully in the next few years the housing market goes back up and that will change b/c we plan to move to the Dallas area someday. I lived in two houses growing up. Then since I moved out on my own with my now husband, we have lived in three different homes. One duplex that we rented for a year until we built our first house, and then two houses. Each time we moved was simply for more space, even when I was a child.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never moved from the town I was born in. I moved out of the house I was raised in when I was 22. Since then I lived in 4 different apartment complexes until we got the house. Then after we lost the house to foreclosure I moved to where I am now.

I have visited Nevada (Vegas and Laughlin), Oklahoma (Tahlequah but flew into Tulsa), Texas (San Antonio but was at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport when I flew to Oklahoma) Utah (Salt Lake City) Wyoming (Ten Sleep, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone). And drove through the states between California and Texas and California and Wyoming. I also was at the airport in Boulder, CO

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only lived in Michigan. I grew up in Midland. Got married and moved to Lansing. Went to college in East Lansing, worked in Lansing. Got divorced and moved back to Midland, where I remain....at least until I retire. I've thought about moving to San Diego (where my sister lives) when I retire, but I've also thought about moving to Alaska too (IMO the most beautiful place in the entire world!)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live about a 10 minute drive from where I was raised, so I've been in Saint John and surrounding area all my life.
I did live in Calgary for 2 years with an ex of mine and it was a beautiful city, but New Brunswick is home. I could never leave here again. I missed my family like CRAZY when I was gone.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many times in your entire life have you move from the place where you raised?
Oh my, I would guess that I've moved about 15 times and have lived in 4 different states.

What was the main motives?
By work?
By Business?
Or finding a best place to live?

Most of the times were just for a different or better place to live. Once to move to a warmer climate. Once to be closer to family. Once for a new job. Once for a shorter drive to work.

How many states have you been?
It's probably easier for me to say the number of states that I have not been in: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota and Maine.

For Canada, I've been to Ontario.
For Mexico, I've been to Jalisco, Baja California, Sonora and Quintana Roo.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lets see, born in Ohio, moved when Dad was transferred to Texas when I was six. Moved to more locations in Dallas County than I can recall, either because I found lower rent or closer to my job, once because a neighborhood got too rough with the gangs.
Moved to East TX for a job, then the place went out of business. Moved to Georgia because there was work, where I've moved from one rental to another for years, three times because the property was sold out from under me. Oh, I spent a summer in Utah, because my transmission went out when I helped my friend move there and I had to work long enough to buy a new one.
I hope to move back to Texas one day, if I can ever retire.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Born and raised in the Montreal area, moved house once when I was little. Came west in my 20s, have lived in the Vancouver area since then, moved house four times: 1-location and size; 2-landlord sold; 3-landlord sold; 4-the merger of two households. DH and I have been here 20 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great participation TCS!...

your hummble Social Director Just move once when get married, but I been living in the same City, state & country whole my life,....
I think never will going to change my tropical paradise....

Thanks for participate!...