Cat upset that husband is gone

lovely2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband is in the military and is currently away from home more than home for the next few months.  This has upset one of our cats to the extent that when he's gone, she barely eats and sleeps almost the entire time.  Took her to the vet and they couldn't find anything, so we can only assume she's upset about him being gone - she was mine to begin with and bonded with him very strongly when we got married.  Right now he's home every 4-5 days for a day or so and when he's home, she pretty much won't leave him alone.  I've tried leaving his clothes around, but she doesn't even sleep on them.  Is there anything else I can do?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put one of his dirty shirts that's full of his scent in her favorite sleeping spots.  Also, try running a Feliway diffuser to help with her stress.

tntrouble456

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, that's sweet that she loves him so much. You just may have to give her extra love the next few months and interest her with maybe some good smelling people food. If she can hear his voice somehow, maybe that would help.

My Siamese is my husband's baby. When my husband goes away for a day or two, he gets soooo mad. When he comes back, Puppy (cat) will jump on our bed and cuddle only with me to punish him. That goes on for a few days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovely2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Put one of his dirty shirts that's full of his scent in her favorite sleeping spots.  Also, try running a Feliway diffuser to help with her stress.
Tried both these and nothing.

Awww, that's sweet that she loves him so much. You just may have to give her extra love the next few months and interest her with maybe some good smelling people food. If she can hear his voice somehow, maybe that would help.
I can definitely make him talk to her on the phone.  Maybe that would work.  I just feel so bad for her.