Cat turning nose up at new boxes of same usual food?

amar82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had a puzzling experience, because my cat won't eat the same food as she eats always, but only from boxes of the new order. I still have boxes left over from the previous order and she still eats the food from these! I have smelt it, analysed it, checked expiry, but can't find anything wrong with it. It may smell very slightly different, but it really could be my imagination. The only thing I can think of is that the delivery van had it in it for a few days driving around in the sun or something like that? I have contacted the supplier and they asked me some questions and for some photos, which I have sent to them. Anyone else had this happen and did they ever find out why?

I've attached a photo of the wet food incase anyone wants to see it! It is Bozita Large.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Since you have both old and new to compare - check to see if there has been a change in the ingredients. It could be that she just doesn't like the new formula if there has been a change. If there has been no change, hopefully the company will send you replacements just in case there is something wrong with the new ones you have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amar82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I checked them and they are exactly the same. Yes, hopefully I will get some good news from the company. I was expecting that they would send another batch seeing as it isn't the first time I've ordered this food from them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Check the batch / lot number on the boxes. The old ones might be from one batch / lot while the new ones are from a different batch / lot. Slight differences between batches / lots may result in some cats refusing to eat the food. It could be a different supplier for a particular ingredient or maybe one batch / lot of food was processed a little differently.