Cat trying to pee every few minutes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rdog157h

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No ultra sounds, she felt around and said she did not feel any stones, I have to bring the cat back in 2 weeks. They sent the urine samples to a lab to look for crystals. Not sure if thats the stones u speak of. Also she gave some sample cat food 1 chicken 1 seafood.its called prescription diet feline

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think if a tiny bit of tuna helps the medicine go down, don't get too upset - it's probably more important to get the medicine in her at this point. But, maybe if she loves chicken, try that - you probably just want something really smelly that will appeal to her - or maybe baby food, without garlic or onion, might work for you. Best of luck, and I'm hoping karma kicks in here - someone as kind and loving as you deserves a new job asap.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I had to give two of my kitties antibiotics after their spay. I chose the liquid because I figured I could get that into them easier than a pill. I found that it worked best to kneel on the floor with the kitty between my knees and turn her on her side. That way she didn't have her feet under her to push off. I squirted the medicine into the side of her mouth, almost under her tongue. You don't want to put the dropper straight back into the mouth because the kitty will probably gag on it.

skordyban

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a "pill gun" from my vet.  Just stick the pill in the rubber holder at the end of a straw-like thing , push the plunger and the pill shoots to the back of the cat's throat and they swallow.  I couldn't live w/o it.