Cat trees--what things do your cats like most?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine both like sisal for scratching. Jaffa, in particular, likes to stand tall on his back legs when he scratches so it needs to be tall for him. Mosi likes height to run up! They both like sleeping on platforms and in hammocks (Mosi loves the hammock on one cat tree I have). Neither use houses or ladders much.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tall being #1, I have a 5 level tree and the top is the favorite. Also the sisal ropes, the taller, the better. And there is a little box to hide/sleep in on one of the upper levels, no hiding or sleeping goes on but lots of popping out, using claws to grip it, flipping, biting, and acting crazy to the cube does. Toys hanging off of it, also a huge plus.

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are the 2 trees I have for my fosters:

68" tall -

74" tall -

All my fosters love these cat trees, but I do notice the shelves are small for good sized cats. My current foster is about 15 lbs and he has a hard time trying to get comfortable. I would like to see shelves made bigger. Both trees are by Armarkat - http://www.armarkat.com/

They offer inexpensive cat trees that are good quality. Sometimes, you can do better in price in their ebay store.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom doesn't use the box cat house on the bottom of her tree. She used the tunnel for a while, but I haven't seen her in it lately. She prefers the top 2 shelves. She uses the sissal posts to scratch as well as the kitchen chairs & April's bed, the dog.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the same cat tree as AlleyGirl, and they love everything but the hammock. Namine slept in the little house for awhile after we got it, but now she rarely does. She loves to sleep on the very top perch, and Kairi will sleep on the level before that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well so far its a success. I have a few more things to add. I'll try and post pictures tomorrow.

Leslie

**Thanks again for all the great tips

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I need some more advice or help. I am trying to think of things around the house that Jack loves to play with, that I can incorporate into the tree. I am adding a couple spring door stops and he also loves to scratch on my corkboard bulletin board that is laying flat currently.

Any other things you can think of?

Leslie

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a fantastic tree!

I don't have a cat tree. I did make scratching post about 4 feet tall, and, although my cats lazily stretch on it sometimes, they don't use it very much.

They love my dinning room table legs. Specifically, they adore a section only about a foot off the ground!

I don't know how close you are to finishing the tree, but do consider leaving a leg or two as completely uncovered wood, as at least two cats vastly prefer that to sisal rope wrapped posts.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Yeah my husband saw it for the first time today, he's been outta town and he said cover the whole thing in sisal. One, its expensive, two its time consuming and three I wanted to leave some bare wood. I am going to use a bit more sisal but I am planning on leave at least one bare.

Leslie