cat trees/ activity stands/ ways to keep kittens ocupied please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmoandluna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry what exactly do you mean by cat shelves ?

the area I am looking at putting it is right next to a book case so would be nice if it was the right height/ width so they can jump up there too :-)

I like the one on groupon im just reli not a big fan of the whole velure carpet look lol

its hard trying to find a happy medium between looking good and serving purpose as I dont want to run the risk of turning my lounge in to crazy cat lady land haha I already have to try and stop my children bringing half there bedroom in to the lounge  lol

gonna check out zooplus

these are my little ones the week we got them , they usually move to fast for me to get a photo lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmoandluna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sometimes i dont even think they need toys lol

(my lounge was tidy this morning lol, but apprently trying to hunt my ethernet cable form under a box they have turned upseide down is the best fun in the world lol )

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Your kittens are adorable.

And I love the colour scheme you have in your lounge!  

Wow, if you stick with those hot pinks and purples on your cat tree it's going to look amazing

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous kittens :heart3: (and your lounge looks great too :) )

Cat shelves - deep, sturdy 'floating' shelves covered with carpet. You can get purpose made ones, but ikea shelves topped with carpet (firmly glued on, of course) are great too. You can see examples all over the walls in the link I posted (a fantastic illustration of what can be achieved...you font have to go quite as far as she has though ;) ). The idea is to create steps up and down (or to other destinations such as a walkway or cat tree) with careful spacing of the shelves. Things like can be attached to the wall for extra play stations too.

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just remembered - when I was little mum and I made a dolls house out of big cardboard boxes stacked (and firmly stuck - I think we used parcel tape) together and covered in wallpaper scraps. The kittens loved them. This is one of the levels by itself (it's a photo of a photo - excuse poor quality )