Cat tree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do, it's just a space that's not really used, if you don't mind I'll send you a picture of the tree I'm looking at to see what you think.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you [emoji]128515[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a tunnel, which I think shadow will love!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can get bird feeders that attach to your windows by suction pads, do you think it would be worth getting one??

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh definitely! I have one on the big window that my cat's trees are in front of and every morning and evening she is glued to the window watching the birds. I was pretty surprised how well this worked!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh brilliant in definitely getting one!!!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow is going to be living the life of a king! He sounds like a sweet boy and he will bring you a lot of joy [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you I was really worried that I wasn't going to be good enough for him, especially with me having to leave him so long. I really want him to have a great life as he's been used to being an indoor cat but his current owner can only keep him in for so long because her current cats fight with him, & he hates going outside. I really want him to be happy & chilled without any stress of other cats wanting to fight with him [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your instincts are right: his current life is one of stress. He will be in such a better situation and doted on by you-that will make his life wonderful. You are already doing so much to ensure his happiness. Plenty of people do not take the time to really educate themselves about ways to enrich a cat's life!
I have from time to time worried that I leave my girl alone too long each day but I give her lots of love and play when I'm home and she has lots of good things like birds to watch and comfy places to sleep while I am gone: she is a happy kitty and I know Shadow will be as well.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you, I love all animals & his owner & me feel that he will be so happy with me. As you have said in the past, if a cat has enough stimulation they will be happy. I know I ask a lot of questions but I really want to get things right, & I know once he learns that each night he's not going to be put outside he will love it & fit in really well. I just want the best for my boy & to see him happy.
I wouldn't worry about leaving your cat too long as you come across as a loving cat owner & im sure your cat will be happy & content. You have given me so much advice & have really helped me. All I ask is that can I call on you again when I get him for so more advice when I'm totally confused when he's doing something I can't figure out, & one day I'll be giving other people advice like you x

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you, I love all animals & his owner & me feel that he will be so happy with me. As you have said in the past, if a cat has enough stimulation they will be happy. I know I ask a lot of questions but I really want to get things right, & I know once he learns that each night he's not going to be put outside he will love it & fit in really well. I just want the best for my boy & to see him happy.
I wouldn't worry about leaving your cat too long as you come across as a loving cat owner & im sure your cat will be happy & content. You have given me so much advice & have really helped me. All I ask is that can I call on you again when I get him for so more advice when I'm totally confused when he's doing something I can't figure out, & one day I'll be giving other people advice like you x
Thank you for the nice words. I hope you reach out if you are in need and most importantly I hope you keep us posted on how Shadow is doing in his new home!! You have the desire to do right by Shadow and that will go a long way in him bonding with and trusting you. I think he will really blossom with you. There are bound to be times when you will worry about him but that will be because you love him not becuase you are failing him in any way. This forum is an amazing resource-it had been an immense source of reassurance to me along the way. Keep asking questions and keep learning...you are well on your way to being a phenomenal cat guardian [emoji]128571[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, I'm really worried that leaving shadow for 14grs straight with no break will really affect him & all I want is to make him happy & not be destructive.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, I'm really worried that leaving shadow for 14grs straight with no break will really affect him & all I want is to make him happy & not be destructive.
That was my biggest worry too (for myself) but most cats sleep more than 14 hours a day so he will likely sleep most of the time you are gone, not becuase he's bored or unhappy but because that is how much cats sleep! The remaining time he will be up in the tree, looking out the window or playing with a toy or just chill like only a cat can do. As long as you provide some interactive playtime when you are home (play with him till you wear him out!) and appropriate places to do things like scratch and go potty, he will be fine. This is not to say all this guarantees you two won't encounter a bump or two during his transition to your home but long term, he will do just fine! If you do encounter a transition issue, reamain calm (especially around him) and reach out to the forum for help.

This reminds me (I can't believe I didn't suggest this before!): this might be something else to see if you can get before Shadow comes home:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9SI40S/?tag=&tag=thecatsite

It's a product which is a synthetic version of a cat's so called "happy pheromone". If you have this going in the area he will mainly be in, it may help ease his transition by helping him feel more secure and happy. My cat transitioned just fine without it but it certainly can't hurt to have it and may really help him!
Have you read up on how to transition him easily into your home? I'm going to look to see if I can find anything in theTCS articles!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've heard of these products & I thinkm going to plug one in 24hts before he gets here. I just really want to give him the best & to see him scared & upset will upset me. He's coming from a house where he's regularly attract by the owners other cats & I get the impression he's really depressed. I want to give him the best I can & I know he will settle into a great loving calm well behaved cat.
Your advice is invaluable so thank you soooo much

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may be frightened for the first few days (but he will adjust!) or, as was in my case, you may be the only nervous one between the two of you...I was a wreck and my cat just settled in like she had always owned the place [emoji]128514[/emoji]. From what you've said, I bet it will be a relief to Shadow to be away from the stress he is under right now....he WILL have a lovely life with you!!