Cat Tree....advice?

luvzmykatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of getting a cat tree for my kitties but one is 15 lbs and the other is 6-8 lbs. I also don't want to spend a lot of money as I'm on a budget. Any advice?

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are cheap ones at Walmart. Or if you are handy or know someone who is, you could have one made.

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if your kitties don't mind the smell of other cats, then maybe you can get a used on on craigslist. my cats wouldn't touch the one off of craigslist, but when i bought them a brand new one, with no other cat smells on it, they won't leave it alone. i got mine off of amazon.com

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine off Amazon.com too. The free shipping on prime and no tax makes a big difference on $100+ and very heavy items like this.

What is your budget?

In general, the taller the better, but tall ones can be tip prone for cats that like to leap off them and race up and down, so might need to be braced on one side against a wall, or put a 45lb weight disk (if you have a workout bench) on the base.

Also of note that you don't HAVE to use a cat tree for a climbing surface. You can adapt various furniture, or use shelves (just need a stud finder and a little carpet tape and non-loop carpet for grip).