cat translator

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think I'm going to record the audio from that and make a loop out of it so I can play it repeatedly for the cats while they sit with me. My laptop doesn't have those nice rumbling sounding fans in it like my computer upstairs does. And my cats love that purring sound!

Isabelle came to sit with me this morning and when I played it for her she started purring really loud, then she layed down and rolled over to get a belly rub... I love this!

-Monica.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever wondered whether dogs or cats were the "smarter" species? Having always had both, I always felt dogs were more intelligent, but since having JC around, I've revised my opinion. I've had dogs that answered the phone, but Jamie is the first pet we've had that has actually made phone calls. I played the "Whiska's translator's" sounds for him today; he was mildly interested, but got distracted while pressing the "test button" on my printer. He's so smart sometimes that it scares us. Maybe cats really do rule the world?

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

I can tell what they are saying most of the time
Yeah, me too. I've been using the translator more as a way to talk back to my cats. Especially since I can't purrrrr back to them the way they purrrr at me. I've been playing the I love you sound and repeating to them as it plays "I Love You" over and over again... I have no idea whether this will work to associate words to feelings for them, but they seem to respond well to the sound anyway!

-Monica.