Cat Traits

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could have a cat trait or ability, what would it be? Ability to see clearly in low light? Hunting ability? Ability to wrap people around your paw? To reach every part of your body?

Think I would want to be able to make a very high leap, land on a narrow surface, walk with perfect balance, and then jump safely down again.

On the other hand, watching a cat stretch in all directions looks like it feels wonderful. Even the ears get stretched. Yeah, that's it.

What would you choose?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reflexes. The fastest snake's strike acceleration is about 280 MPS² generating something approaching 20 Gravities, making it the second-fasted reactive reflex speed among vertebrates in Nature. The average domestic cat has reactive reflex speeds approaching 130% of this. To offer a quick real-world translation, it's the equivalent of a baseball player being able to hit a marble pitched from ten feet away, with a pencil - every time.

Yep - reflexes. I always wanted to be a New York Yankee.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I was thinking about this. I think I'd just like the ability to run. To be able to run without thought, without worrying about how my knees were going to take it, without wondering. Just go. I would love to be able to just run. (I know how silly that sounds, but that's it.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I was thinking about this. I think I'd just like the ability to run. To be able to run without thought, without worrying about how my knees were going to take it, without wondering. Just go. I would love to be able to just run. (I know how silly that sounds, but that's it.)
I can't run, either. I sometimes dream of it and it feels wonderful. I think it would be great, especially since I'd be unlikely to trip.