cat toys

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Which toys your cats like playing ??

I think most people will agree that they like furry mouse the most
My younger ones like playing with my wool glove also
I put a small stuffed animal toy on a pole (there were feathers on it before, but they tore them apart
). So they can bite & scratch that poor hippopotamus (that's the stuffed toy
) whenever they catch it

Sometimes they try cathing the fish in the tank or the fish on my screensaver

Minnosh also likes water; she jumps up on the counter when I turn the tap on
She even likes wathcing me while taking a shower

bubbas mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Paper Balls!!! I can buy ten thousand different cat toys and they will turn their nose up at everyone of them
, but throw down a crumpled piece of paper and they go NUTS:disturbed
:disturbed . When scrappy was little he used to carry around a little stuffed mouse, by the tail, where ever he went (it was too cute
) but he doesn't do that much anymore. However, if you put catnip on something, that will be their favorite thing, for the moment

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats FAVORITE thing is a "foil ball".
I wad a piece of foil into a ball (large or small) and roll it down our long wooden hallways and they would play with them forever. They bat them around or pounce on them or take them and hide them. One thing they do not do is "fetch". If I want the same balls back to roll again I have to go retrieve them. If I look at them like I even expect them to bring them back to me; they give me that (half-eye open squint) look that says, "What do you thnk we are? Dogs? We are cats! We do not "fetch". . . . . ! !

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats like to play with anything on a string. They also like batting around and chasing jingly balls. Misty has found that a box of puzzle pieces is great fun!! :LOL:

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am preparing for Danielle.

I don't know what she will like, so here is what I have so far:

*A kitty tower. (The tower has a mouse dangling and a big hoop hanging from it)
*A fishing pole with feathers on the end.
*jiggly balls that jiggle all over the place when moved

I also want to pick up a cat dancer.
Also, one of those round flat things with the round scratching area in the center, and the inner mouse that you can only see through small openings, for the cat to try to catch.

But I will also try the wadded up paper balls!!!!! ..and then there are paper bags for her to investigate.

Val

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, I forgot to ask yet ANOTHER question

The kitty tower I bought concerns me a bit. It is perfectly stable, and will absolutely not tip over. But, I understand that cats will not use anything that does not feel stable. The tower will wobble slightly when she gets on it. Should I return it and get something more stable? Or do cats not mind a little wobblyness in something they climb or jump on to.

I appreciate your advice

Val

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my dad just made me a cat tree & the highest tier is a bit wobbly. it hasn't stopped my cats from hopping on it one bit. they love it and it's their favorite spot in the house.

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first pic is the one I bought already. It is on one post, so is a bit wobbly.
The second pic is the other one I was considering...It also has cedar posts....looks more solid.

ooh decisions, decisions....

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WWAAAAA!!!!

I can't attach the second image!! Drat...for some reason, it won't let me upload it. ...phooey!..

Sorry for the confusion.

Val the frustrated

boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Furry mousies! Basil goes absolutely NUTS. They all end up under the fridge and he sits in front of the fridge waiting and chirps when you walk past. My mum thought he was hungry!

I have to be careful of the puppies though. One swallow and they are gone. So Basil can play with them when they are outside.

Adele

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty condo is awesome!
I'm sure Danielle will love it

Mine is kinda primitive, my b/f made it, but the kids love it! It has 4 bottom posts, a rather large "dog", err, "kitty house", another post, and a top platform. The posts are covered in rope, the house and platforms in carpet. It wobbles a bit, but I personally think they kinda like that!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blackie doesn't care for the furry mice but other cats I've had have liked them. He prefers a Q-tip, but I gather from another thread that this is a bad thing. I hope it's just a question of mess.

Sparky is in wrestling mode these days, so he likes to attack the toilet roll or, when I have been to the grocery store, the plastic bag I put the other bags in.

Both of them like to chase a string my daughter drags around the house. If we have a helium balloon, they sometimes jump for the end of the string on that. I haven't had them try to get the actual balloon or pop it; once it doesn't float and the string isn't dangling, they seem to lose interest.

I had a cat who liked the plastic rings off milk and juice jugs, and bendy straws.

And I did have a cat who fetched! His name was Stanley and he was the size of a small footstool, but if I tossed his ball or a small stuffed item, he would go get it and bring it back to me. 'Course he also used to drag my underwear around the house (how embarassing), so he was a pretty odd animal!

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My girl likes bottle caps (puts them in her food or in my shoes), plastic wrapper on a stick, wadded paper, the door stops that look like springs (she will go around and flick them all just to hear that noise SProING!), fuzzy mice. She didn't like the ball in the round tube. I'm looking for something that will move around on it's own power. Maybe a remote control something or other? I even thought about getting an AIBO.

http://www.aibo.com/ers_310/index.html

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Felix loves wool,I,ve tried to attach a furry little mouse on the end of a piece of wool, but he prefers the wool.He goes crazy when I drag a piece of wool on the floor,hes nearly 16,but he acts like a kitten when he has his wool,he looks so cute

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nitecrwlr,

Regarding the tube with the ball in it:

The one I am going to get has the option of putting a battery in it and the mouse (not a ball) will move by itself. Round and round and round. OR you can interact with it and move it for the kitty and see them respond. I like the battery concept. I will let you know if my kitty likes it.

And Cleo,

Thank you! I just hope Danielle likes it. I saw slightly bigger, more complex models, that I thought she might like to play on more....but I don't know. I will see how this one works.

Val
Kisses everyone

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toonces loves balls (real ones and paper) and the feather pole. She can get to jumping 3-4 feet in the air when I get out the feather pole.

Patches doesn't like the feather pole; she kind of gets irritated at it. She loves her shoe string and paper balls - she will play fetch with them for forever!

Buttons doesn't have a favorite - she doesn't like to play much (very lazy). When I get the feather pole out to play with her and she does play it's like slow motion!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
O ooo! I have seen 2 people mentioning about furry mice/cloth mice. Is there anything that I don't know about furry mice ? I think I am missing something ??

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My experience is: Cloth mice usually contain catnip. Furry mice are actual fur (rabbit?) over a plastic form. The furry one's used to be about $.69US but now they are $1.00 to $1.29. You can buy them loose at the register from places like PetCo and PetsMart. They used to come only in natural fur colors, which often made me look twice when they were left around the living room. Now they make them in fantasy colors which is a very good thing.