Cat Toe Issue Need Advice

lexa333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat has something up with her toe, it feels like a swollen part of the top of her toe. it looks crusty and is slowly growing hair back on it. It's kinda swollen around her nail but doesn't seem to hurt her or bother her when we touch her paw. I'm trying to get a better idea if anyone knows what this is so then when I go to the vet I can help with some type of insight. I've inserted photos, please give me any advice or if your cat had something similar. Thank you!
IMG-0516.JPG
IMG-0508.JPG

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm, this is odd. Have you brought her to the vet yet? Did they say anything?

Is your cat limping, or avoiding using that paw?

Does she have ny other symptoms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lexa333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We haven’t taken her to the vet yet. Because we thought she just hurt herself playing with our other cat, and then it just never went away. And no other symptoms. She’s acting like herself. Eating drinking, etc. and she isn’t limping or avoiding touching it

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
We haven’t taken her to the vet yet. Because we thought she just hurt herself playing with our other cat, and then it just never went away. And no other symptoms. She’s acting like herself. Eating drinking, etc. and she isn’t limping or avoiding touching it

Okay, that's good to know. It might just be that she skinned her toe. But it does look a bit bizarre. How long has it been like this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lexa333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe about a month? Like I said we have two cats so the play fight a lot and so every once in a while they get a scratch here and there and they always heal up. This just isn’t.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I'm trying to get a better idea if anyone knows what this is so then when I go to the vet I can help with some type of insight. I've inserted photos, please give me any advice or if your cat had something similar. Thank you!View attachment 218162View attachment 218163
I'd recommend just taking the kitty to the vet. :thumbsup:
Your vet is going to have the best ability to diagnose what's going on... he/she can do a culture on the area, too, to test for fungal infection or bacterial infection, should that be the problem.
:goodluck: