Cat Throws Up Every Time He Eats! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so sorry for you. Poor you! Poor Kitty! I tried to write yesterday, but the words wouldn't come. You were both in my thoughts when I fell aseep last night and when I woke up this morning. 

I am so sorry.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and Sunny.  [emoji]128149[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cait sith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys.  I'll keep you updated. 

cait sith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, guys.  I was going through my phone today and I found this pic of him (middle) with his siblings when they were little.  Though I'd share it with you all.  Thanks for all your help.

Sorry for the fuzziness.  I still use a flip phone.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, what a sweet baby!  And his siblings are adorable, as well.  I hesitate to ask, but have been wondering - how is he doing?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sweet. Please do let us know how you and your sweet boy are.

cait sith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Margd  

@talkingpeanut

He's being put down this afternoon.  Starting last Friday he stopped trying to eat or play.  He just sleeps and sleeps.  When he is awake he huffs through his mouth an can barely stand.  There's nothing else I can do.  He'll just keep slowly getting worse and I don't want him having to go through anymore. 

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh,  I am so sad to hear this...

It is the right thing to do.. as hard as it is, as much as it hurts, it is the right thing to do. 

you will end his suffering and pain.. This is the ultimate gesture of love. 

He is suffering and in pain.. Imagine how it feels not to be able to breathe--having to do it through the mouth..and not eating.. how he must be sore and hurting...poor baby.

I am sending you all my (((Hugs))) and thinking of you this afternoon and tonight...

God Bless you....((hugs))

cait sith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Artiemom

I know.  I was hoping he'd go at home surrounded by his family but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.  I'm even afraid to pick him up and just hold him because I'm worried I'll hurt him.  He's resting under the couch right now and I'm afraid to pick him up when it's time to go.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have you in my thoughts today, to me, one of the hardest things we have the responsibility of doing, unselfish letting go, for them.

Hugs.  

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for both of you. You are doing the best you can for him.

cait sith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's done.  We buried him at my mom's farm.  I feel so much better now.  I don't like that Sunny's gone but I don't have to worry about him anymore.  He didn't like the trip to the vet (none of my cats like car rides) but he was pretty quiet most of the trip.  They weighed him and he was over 2 ponds lighter than he was at his last visit.  It went much quicker than I thought it would, which helped.  I was afraid it would be one of those lingering goodbyes where they inject him and it takes him 5 or 10 minutes to go but he went almost instantly.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and comfort during this time.I'm sure Sunny would too.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry to hear about Sunny.  How I wish there had been a better outcome.  He knew he was loved and in the end, you showed him the greatest love of all, ending his suffering.  I am so so sorry for the loss you are feeling now.  

RIP Sunny  

[emoji]127752[/emoji]

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from the vet.  It's not looking good.  His chest is filled with fluid and there's a chance he might have an incurable disease called FIP.  We'd have to get an ultrasound and a tap to make sure but it seems the most likely diagnosis.  What's worse, it's contagious so if he does have it, his brother and sister are doomed.  There's a chance that's not it but we can't be sure without the ultrasound we can't afford.  His siblings are acting totally fine and show no signs I can think of so I'm hopeful.   But there's nothing I can really do about it.  The doctor gave him a shot to help with his nausea but that's it right now.
Separate the cats and don't let them use the same litter box. They aren't doomed. I had two little girls with FIP and they didn't infect my old cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.