Cat throwing up white foam? I'm really worried - help!!

kittybelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy days thats great news.i was lying in my bed thinking about yous.the vet was great! youll have a full time job getting all these tabs into him lol.its breakfast time for my little lions! bye for now take care.

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey everyone,

Just got back from the vet - good news is he doesn't have a blockage! yay! The vet now think he must have some type of stomach infection and gave me antibiotics, anti-vomiting, anti-diarrhea, and probiotics...phew. He saw how much I've been spending on this cat for the last few months, and was SO nice and took half off the medication price (which I really needed.) We are just going to play it by ear now I guess, I'll keep you all updated.
Great news! Sending continued
he recovers quickly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update!!

Ares was back to his normal cuddly self this morning, which was giving me hope he's getting better! He even ate two spoon fulls of wet food without a anti-vomiting pill! He tried to eat more, but I didn't want to overload his tummy and have him vomit. I'll be giving him little bits of food throughout the day now. It's good to know the antibiotics are working! I'll be going back to this vet again :) (too bad he's like 30 minutes away!!)

kittybelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh how wonderful to hear Ares is feeling better.Through your posts i feel like i know him.God bless the wee fella may he continue to thrive.keep us up todate on his progress sonetime when youre not too busy. cheers.xo

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Update!!

Ares was back to his normal cuddly self this morning, which was giving me hope he's getting better! He even ate two spoon fulls of wet food without a anti-vomiting pill! He tried to eat more, but I didn't want to overload his tummy and have him vomit. I'll be giving him little bits of food throughout the day now. It's good to know the antibiotics are working! I'll be going back to this vet again :) (too bad he's like 30 minutes away!!)
 Great news Ares seems to be on the up and managing some food as him self.  Long may it continue!  

On the vet front, there are probably about 20 vets closer to me than the practice I use, including a cat only one.  I travel right across the city to the vets I like and it can take anything from 15 minutes to over an hour to get there.  It is worth it as all my cats have responded well to them, I have confidence in their knowledge, skills and commitment to cats, and they have been great with me when I've been really upset with cats crossing the RB  (oh, and the time I nearly feinted when Pal was having a cyst on her tail cleaned out
).

kittybelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
cats are a blessing but to love them comes at a price.my 6 year old tuxedo cat darky was killed by a car in july.his mum died as well.my heart was broke.i have tears in my eyes thinking about them.Ares is lucky to have someone like you who loves him enough to travel an hour across the city to help him.my vet is 5 mins by car.my cats hate the cat carrier and terrified of the vet.my catriona gets that scared she gets diarreha.your lucky your cats like the vet.hopefully ares will keep well.thanks for the update.keep us posted soon xo

catmom110

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Out of curiosity, can you gradually mix a diifferent wet food with what you're giving him now? I'm just wondering if the food is too hard to digest for him? Ask your vet about this but it could just be that brand and maybe flavor is too too harsh on his little system. I'd stay away from dish and stick with a chicken flavor.

sager

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our precious kitty began stumbling and holding her head to the side. We thought at first she had gotten into something but turned about to be inner ear and she then had a permanent tilt to her head. We read this could happen. To end on sadness, she got out- I never saw her go through the door and she has been gone in the freezing weather for 3 wks. We are sick.

jhmarley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our male cat started throwing up small spots of white foam and gooey spots several times after trying to eat. Threw up in food bowl and then went around house spitting up this white foam that is a little gooey. Almost like he's gagging on something. He's around 13 and I thought it might be some bad teeth. He's rarely been to vet as he is feral and hard to deal with for strangers. I am hoping its just some stomach virus or something that can be resolved as yours was. Just now I saw him drinking water and again he spit up a small white foam.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our male cat started throwing up small spots of white foam and gooey spots several times after trying to eat. Threw up in food bowl and then went around house spitting up this white foam that is a little gooey. Almost like he's gagging on something. He's around 13 and I thought it might be some bad teeth. He's rarely been to vet as he is feral and hard to deal with for strangers. I am hoping its just some stomach virus or something that can be resolved as yours was. Just now I saw him drinking water and again he spit up a small white foam.
Your cat really needs to see a vet. It may be traumatic for him, but not eating for even 24 hours can lead to fatty liver disease.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat really needs to see a vet. It may be traumatic for him, but not eating for even 24 hours can lead to fatty liver disease.
 jhmarley    I agree with talking peanut.  I would get this cat to the vet as soon as possible.  I have a cat that is not feral but she hates the carrier, car rides and strangers too.  I switched vets about a year ago and the vet I use now sprays herself with Feliway between patients.  She gave me a sample Feliway wipe and told me to wipe down the carrier before her next vet visit.  This really helped calm Starbuck down a lot.  My hubby had to deal with her last vet appointment on his own while I was at work.  Once he got her in the carrier she was calmer.  She only complained a little in the car as opposed to screaming her head off the entire trip and did not pee on herself this time. She was actually calm and a little cuddly with the vet.  Hubby said she was a different cat.  Perhaps these wipes would be helpful to your baby.

I could kick myself for not ordering more wipes right now.  My biggest cat is going to the vet this afternoon because he is peeing outside the litter box on my hubby's chair.  He is a terror to get in the carrier.  I am very lucky his former foster mommy whom I am good friends with is coming over and taking us to the vet.  She is going to help me get him into the carrier for his appointment.