Cat throwing up about 3 times a week...

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!
So one of my cats has been throwing up since she was basically a kitten!
She was neglected at 5 days of age and we found her alone, she was quite weak and we had a few scary episodes with her. She only got stronger at about 2.5 mths of age (thank god)
She is now 5.5 years old and I guess is doing fine. No behavioral changes etc, she has just been throwing up ( at leasttt twice a week) her whole life..
Im thinking of switching her to a sensitive diet made for sensitive gastrointestinal tracts.
But not sure how to do this as she lives with 2 other cats and I dont know how to tell them it's not their food.
She never showed much appetite in her whole life and definitely doesnt eat as much as my other cats.

I'm just hoping to hear similar stories that yall have been through perhaps.. and some opinions on what this may be...

So, thanku for your time❤❤🐈
Have a great day!!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Peaches has a big appetite but can't use it. She eats many small portions a day. She eats in a separate room. I think she worries my other cats will steal her food. She was found in a hole 5 weeks old. Small cat,10 yrs old,7 pds. Mornings she sometimes feels too sick to eat from not having food for 8 hrs. So she has a timer for wet. She is a licker so no pate,canned with pieces of meat. because she eats so fast.I feed her orijen and farmina. If you feed her dry I suggest only wet. Dry cats gobble up too fast

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! If your cats are microchipped, you can use a feeder for this one cat's food that only opens for her.

Does she maintain her weight? Does she have diarrhea at all? Does she throw up hair with her food? Does she throw up immediately after eating, or hours later? Is she being deprived of food because of the other cats, making her more worried about eating faster when she can get to the food?

What kind of testing have you done with her? Throwing up for years has had to have taken a toll on her digestive tract. Sorry for all of the questions, but sometimes the answers help to come up with additional thoughts.